Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie Speaks! A new interview with Mr. Leadon

Default Re: Bernie Speaks! A new interview with Mr. Leadon

Interesting stuff, like he, Deacon and Timothy performed PEF at Glenn’s memorial. Thanks for posting, NMB.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Lots of interesting little details here. I was surprised that Amy Grant’s son and Bernie’s son own a hemp business together.
    There’s an article about it linked in Bernie’s press thread. It seems everyone in Nashville is linked to Vince Gill in some way or another.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again, NBM.

I have a lot of respect for Bernie too. You can tell he lives life on his own terms.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks again, NBM.

I have a lot of respect for Bernie too. You can tell he lives life on his own terms.
    And at the same time doesn't throw anybody under the bus in public. A person to be respected in many ways.

Border Troubadour

Another cracking video, good to see an interview that actually asks probing questions rather than the usual tepid gibberish musicians get asked. Bernie seems like a very grounded, principled bloke, fair play to him. You can understand just from that video the sort of mindset that made him quit in the first place.

ITA, chaim and TLR - Bernie was not happy in the band so he left. Now, as he admitted, at his young age, maybe he didn't handle the situation as well as he could have at the time, but none of the band members did. The bottom line is he was unhappy, he left, and he takes responsibility for his decision. That's what mature, well-adjusted adults do.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    ITA, chaim and TLR - Bernie was not happy in the band so he left. Now, as he admitted, at his young age, maybe he didn't handle the situation as well as he could have at the time, but none of the band members did. The bottom line is he was unhappy, he left, and he takes responsibility for his decision. That's what mature, well-adjusted adults do.
    Indeed - I meant more from the angle that you can tell he holds the integrity of the music and band in very high regard, that seems synonymous to me with 'selling out' / lack of desire for stardom that is often cited as one his motivations for leaving.

I see what you are saying. Bernie says in the HOTE doc that their goal from the onset was to make lots of money so I believe that he definitely wanted the band to be successful. I think for him that once it actually happened, coupled with the change in the band's musical direction and internal conflicts, he decided that the price of fame was too high for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    The Canadian broadcaster John Beaudin has a new interview with Bernie Leadon! Oh happy day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzBBKaXAPvA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2r BkKCu6LH5UYTA4KTh-L_kQDyAgZm8tGkX3SERLywi2SzylV98gPuy7AThe segment above is just the first of many. Bernie and John spoke for 77 minutes. Pleased to hear that Bernie is writing new material and that he's still friends with Glyn Johns, who stayed at Bernie's house recently.
    Thank you NMB! Really enjoyed the clip and would love to see Bernie share more of his experiences. Very insightful wish he'd write a book!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Part 3, talkin' bout the guitars on "Take It Easy" and people mispronouncing his name. This one is really short.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK6d...ecveryJ7iO9spA

Hmm, I don't know enough about guitars to really get what he's saying - what does a "phaser" do for the song? Too technical for me!

I do get what he's saying about coming up with the lick in between the chords, though - good work, Bernie!

Appropriate it got put up on his birthday!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten