Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
BTW, Originally they were supposed to be called "Eagles And Friends". So much much for that early statement by Don.
I remember, before all this started, Joe said something about them calling themselves "Eagles Friends and Family" but I don't remember hearing anything official about that (of course, I could be forgetting something - wouldn't be the first time). There is one reason and one reason only not to tour under another name: it would make less money.

People want to see the "Eagles." Many of them would not show up to see the same men if they called themselves something else, even if it is a small change. People will say, "I want to see the Eagles before it's too late!" People won't say, "I want to check seeing 'Eagles Friends and Family' off of my bucket list." So "Eagles" it is. Obviously, they knew what they were doing. They gambled most fans would still come to see a band called the "Eagles" without Glenn and they were right. Tickets have sold quite well.

But regardless of what I think of the band's choice, I'm glad you had a good time, GA. Of course you should do what makes you happy.