Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: The appeal of kpop

  1. #21
    Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,207

    Default Re: The appeal of kpop

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    The boys (men) are all VERY skinny, clearly restricting calories

    I can assure you, they are NOT restricting calories. In my search for a performance of theirs from an award show I saw TONS of compilations of them just eating. Watching them eat does not float my boat, but clearly it does for others. While they are very cute, I have no desire to watch them eat or sleep. Lol.

  2. #22
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    32,988

    Default Re: The appeal of kpop

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I can assure you, they are NOT restricting calories. In my search for a performance of theirs from an award show I saw TONS of compilations of them just eating. Watching them eat does not float my boat, but clearly it does for others. While they are very cute, I have no desire to watch them eat or sleep. Lol.
    So they can eat tons and stay skinny? OK, now I DO hate them.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  3. #23
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,527

    Default Re: The appeal of kpop

    Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I definitely believe in whatever makes you happy. (Within standards, of course--lol!) I don't think you should like OR dislike something based on others' opinions. I only feel stronger about that the older I get. Life is short. Enjoy what moves YOU.
    I'm totally with you here, FF. Although this group is not my thing, doesn't mean it's not for others.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  4. #24
    Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,207

    Default Re: The appeal of kpop

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So they can eat tons and stay skinny? OK, now I DO hate them.
    I was shocked at how many videos there are. There are literally shows about it. It amazes we what interests other cultures. They are so active and young, so I'm sure their metabolisms are very fast.


    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bts+eating

  5. #25
    Border Rebel Pippinwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    896

    Default Re: The appeal of kpop

    I have a friend who is nuts about BTS. She went to New York to see them. It's just not my cup of tea, musically. I've given them a fair listen, I think, but it's simply not to my taste. My friend also has some chronic health issues, and doing the BTS stuff helps keep her mind off her pain and other circumstances. They're harmless. I don't get the musical appeal, but you know, if their music brings a little light to someone else's life, I'm not going to down them. Their music has a positive message, and they do at least write their own material, which I respect.

  6. #26
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,527

    Default Re: The appeal of kpop

    Well said, pippin. ITA.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  7. #27
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    32,988

    Default Re: The appeal of kpop

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I was shocked at how many videos there are. There are literally shows about it. It amazes we what interests other cultures. They are so active and young, so I'm sure their metabolisms are very fast.


    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bts+eating
    Just out of curiosity, checked this out.... wow.... you weren't kidding!

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •