Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
I know it's been a couple of weeks since we played this game, but I wanted to wait to hear everyone's input before I weighed in on this. I thought I would post my thoughts in this thread in case folks have some other ideas about any future games that we may consider. First of all, thanks to everyone who played and it seems like the overall feedback from the participant's was that it was fun and fast-paced.

However, based on feedback from others that did not participate, it seems like the perception was that the game was confusing. TBH, I can't think of any ways to simplify it, but am definitely open to hearing others thoughts about this.

Now, from my perspective as the moderator, the game was very labor-intensive for me, mainly because I felt I needed to keep the game going by posting every chance I could because of the low participation. Thus, the game was dominated by just a handful of players, including yours truly. I believe more participation would have made the game more interesting and required less of my time.

The game lasted almost a week, which isn't too far off from what I was aiming for. To keep the game at a desired pace, I think the rules can be adjusted a little for any future games depending on the number of songs in the game. If there a fewer songs, one way to slow down the pace is to assign more points to the songs at the beginning e.g. we could start each song off with 20 points instead of 15. And for albums, with lots of songs, the number of points assigned at the start of the game could be lowered.

The other way to control the pace of the game is by adjusting the number of players who must vote before a player is eligible to play again. In this case, if we wanted to slow down the pace, we could change the rule so that 4 or 5 players must vote before you can play again. On the other hand, if there is lot's of participation, this may very little impact on the pace of the game.

Anyway, I would love to hear anyone's suggestions and ideas about this. I would be happy to moderate another game at some time in the future if we can get a fair amount of participation.
I think the game might be confusing if one reads the rules, but not once one sees it in action. If anyone is confused by what they read in the first post, just look at the next few posts, and I think your confusion will be cleared up. If you have a question, then please ask it!

Per your other suggestions, assigning more points at the beginning might be a good idea.