Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday Perfect Little Sister!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I can tell I'm late so ..

HAPPY, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Default belated bd wishes

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Lissa. I know you enjoyed all the eye candy!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Thank you, everyone, for those wonderful birthday wishes! I enjoyed all the frey-candy very much. Oh, I mean eye candy.
    My daughter sketched a picture of two roses that I will have to post once my computer stops freaking out. We went out to dinner on Friday night and the family gave me a lovely pair of pearl earrings. On Sunday, I pulled rank and made my daughter go out to the hillside with me and let me take pictures. I only used a roll and a half of film, but took 102 digital images. By the end she was quite sick of me I think. lol (I wonder if Glenn will ever forgive me for taking 5 rolls of film out there at Pebble lol) Unfortunately, today has been spent on the phone with the postal service trying to find out who they delivered my birthday present to. My mom is quite upset as she sent it priority mail so I would have it before my birthday and instead the "loser-face" postman gave it to someone else. Grrrrr.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh Lissa, I hope you get your parcel ok. It is so frustrating when things go missing in the mail, particularly when its personal stuff. Good luck with the chasing.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Re: Happy birthday Perfect Little Sister!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Hey Lissa, happy B-day! Indulge yourself in some eye candy!

I know how you love that smile, so here goes!

Hope you have a great day!
    Soda, thanks so much for this screen cap. I just had to comment on it. I have loved Eagles music forever. I never had a favorite Eagle. I had owned the HFO dvd for years and watched it countless times. The thing is, I had four kids and never got to sit and watch the whole thing through. Life always got in the way. Sometime after 2001 (cuz I know it happened in the house I now live in) I was alone and put in HFO. For the first time, I watched it start to finish. I was captivated during the lead in where Glenn is standing there on stage and they're singing Take It Easy. (i think) Suddenly they stop and Glenn says, "I'm hearing alot of drop-off." There's just something about that moment...I don't know what it is, but it made me notice him. Since I didn't have to jump up and do anything for anyone, I watched the credits play out for the first time. When Glenn threw his head back and cracked up, my heart skipped a beat. That was when he hooked me. Suddenly I had a favorite. When I was later so lucky to meet him and saw little glimpses of the wonderful man that he is, I was so happy to know I'd chosen well. Although I didn't have much say in the matter...he really chose me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Happy Birthday from me too Lissa!
    Gosh these previous posts are a tough act to follow......

Hey, Lissa.....whaddya wanna do tonight

Hope you enjoyed your birthday!

I also have to comment on this pic. There's that mischievous little boy light in his eyes in this picture that makes it particularly endearing.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Its fantastic, isnt it . Boy would I like him to be looking like that at me! mmmmmmmmmm
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Thank you, everyone, for those wonderful birthday wishes! I enjoyed all the frey-candy very much. Oh, I mean eye candy.
    My daughter sketched a picture of two roses that I will have to post once my computer stops freaking out. We went out to dinner on Friday night and the family gave me a lovely pair of pearl earrings. On Sunday, I pulled rank and made my daughter go out to the hillside with me and let me take pictures. I only used a roll and a half of film, but took 102 digital images. By the end she was quite sick of me I think. lol (I wonder if Glenn will ever forgive me for taking 5 rolls of film out there at Pebble lol) Unfortunately, today has been spent on the phone with the postal service trying to find out who they delivered my birthday present to. My mom is quite upset as she sent it priority mail so I would have it before my birthday and instead the "loser-face" postman gave it to someone else. Grrrrr.
    Highlight 1: LOL!

Highlight 2: I can identify with you completely, PLS. Whenever our band plays gigs, I take my camera with me. I make sure to get AT LEAST 10 pictures at every gig! One of my former bandmates' wives once remarked at my 28th birthday party, which they organised for me, that my bandmates must be the most photographed men in Cape Town, when I once again whipped out my camera! Trust me, if I had to be at Pebble Beach, I would have taken scores of photos too!

Highlight 3: I'm sorry about this. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I've had gifts posted to me also not arrive, which really upset me.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Hey Lissa, happy B-day! Indulge yourself in some eye candy!

I know how you love that smile, so here goes!

Hope you have a great day!
    Soda, thanks so much for this screen cap. I just had to comment on it. I have loved Eagles music forever. I never had a favorite Eagle. I had owned the HFO dvd for years and watched it countless times. The thing is, I had four kids and never got to sit and watch the whole thing through. Life always got in the way. Sometime after 2001 (cuz I know it happened in the house I now live in) I was alone and put in HFO. For the first time, I watched it start to finish. I was captivated during the lead in where Glenn is standing there on stage and they're singing Take It Easy. (i think) Suddenly they stop and Glenn says, "I'm hearing alot of drop-off." There's just something about that moment...I don't know what it is, but it made me notice him. Since I didn't have to jump up and do anything for anyone, I watched the credits play out for the first time. When Glenn threw his head back and cracked up, my heart skipped a beat. That was when he hooked me. Suddenly I had a favorite. When I was later so lucky to meet him and saw little glimpses of the wonderful man that he is, I was so happy to know I'd chosen well. Although I didn't have much say in the matter...he really chose me.
    Highlight 1: When Glenn says that (and I know FP will agree with me here ), he just seems so... in charge... OOOH, I love it!

Highlight 2: I just have to laugh with Glenn during that blooper every time I see it. It's very endearing, and one can see the closeness between Glenn and Don, which tugs at the heart strings. I particularly love when Don asserts, "No, I know the third verse" - it's the way he says it, in conjunction with Glenn cracking up, that makes it so funny to me.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Highlight 1: When Glenn says that (and I know FP will agree with me here ), he just seems so... in charge... OOOH, I love it!
    Quite.