Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don Felder Television Appearances

Border Rebel

Default Re: Don Felder Television Apperances

I watched last night's episode. It was okay, but nothing earth shattering. The episodes are short, 30 minutes, so it is a quick run through of music trends of the year. I missed the 1977 episode and would like to see it when it reruns. Don does a pretty nice job as host, but his scarf wearing kind of cracks me up. A little too much stylist for my taste. The Mixtape show looks interesting. A lot of the same people from the 70's and 80's seem to show up on these shows and another one that they are advertising. I can't remember the name of it right now, but the clip shows Joe Walsh in it. This channel also advertises the cruise that Don and a lot of other musicians from the 70's are doing. I was almost wondering if Don has stock in this channel since he pops up so often!

Default Re: Don Felder Television Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    I watched last night's episode. It was okay, but nothing earth shattering. The episodes are short, 30 minutes, so it is a quick run through of music trends of the year. I missed the 1977 episode and would like to see it when it reruns. Don does a pretty nice job as host, but his scarf wearing kind of cracks me up. A little too much stylist for my taste. The Mixtape show looks interesting. A lot of the same people from the 70's and 80's seem to show up on these shows and another one that they are advertising. I can't remember the name of it right now, but the clip shows Joe Walsh in it. This channel also advertises the cruise that Don and a lot of other musicians from the 70's are doing. I was almost wondering if Don has stock in this channel since he pops up so often!
    Thanks for the review, My My! I have this channel, and I'm determined to catch this. It does seem he has a good relationship with them! lol!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Rebel

You're welcome, Soda.

Delilah and NMB- The 1973 episode will be aired this Wednesday at 8:30.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The 1973 episode was disappointing. I thought they would focus more on music that was actually popular that year! Too much time spent on hip hop, supposedly because the Sugarhill Gang “assembled” that year. So what, they didn’t record anything until 1980.

I think the show’s research is suspect: it claimed that the New York Dolls album was among the 10 most popular in ‘73. They didn’t specify in which country or what planet, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the U.S.

On a positive note, Don F looks really great.

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    You're welcome, Soda.

Delilah and NMB- The 1973 episode will be aired this Wednesday at 8:30.
    Thanks for the heads-up, My My!

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    NMB, the July episode about 1975 was brought up elsewhere, I think in Don’s press thread.
    Just correcting myself here. The other episode Don hosted was about the year 1969, not 1975 and it was discussed in Don’s press thread.

FWIW, I did watch the 1975 episode hosted by Matt Pinfield and was surprised when he said Elton John’s Greatest Hits album was the best-selling ever.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Pfft, we know that’s not right because the Eagles have the best-selling album ever!

Just a reminder that Don will be appearing on AXSTV’s new show “Mixtape” tomorrow evening, 8:30/7:30C. He will be talking about his favorite songs and some “secrets” about his own.

Hopefully by “secrets” he means never-before-revealed stuff behind “Victim of Love”, “Heavy Metal (Takin’ a Ride)” etc.

Ya watched Mixtape. It's nice to watch. I don't want to give spoilers but I didn't hear secrets per say, but nice to watch. He comes off as bragging about who he knows. A little snooty like, which I hate to say cuz the guy can play.

Don Felder will be appearing on an upcoming episode of The Big Interview with Dan Rather. Airing times to be announced at a later date. (On AXS-TV)
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Don Felder will be appearing on an upcoming episode of The Big Interview with Dan Rather. Airing times to be announced at a later date. (On AXS-TV)
    Looking forward to this, thanks!