Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming up on September 4: Eagles All-Star Survivor

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Coming up on September 4: Eagles All-Star Survivor

I trust Take It Easy as take it easy won twice it will have to be eliminated twice

Should be a good one, an interesting concept and pleasant change from doing it album by album

I look forward to the reverse Survivor for those that came last in each album game!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I trust Take It Easy as take it easy won twice it will have to be eliminated twice

Should be a good one, an interesting concept and pleasant change from doing it album by album

I look forward to the reverse Survivor for those that came last in each album game!
    TLR, I realize your comment was tongue-in-cheek but you bring up a good point. One TIE is the classic well-known studio version while the other is the live one from the much-anticipated reunion album, performed by a different line-up and with Glenn’s matured voice.

I don’t recall participating in the LROOE Survivor but I’m glad to see the excellent Waiting in the Weeds is in the running.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    So Austin - do you really think the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise will win the game?
    Hahaha.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    That's an interesting thought - we'll have to give it some consideration for the future.

We have completed three cycles for the Eagles studio albums over the years. So I thought I'd recap some trivia about the outcomes of these games ...

Only two albums have had the exact same finalist result for all three games:

1. Eagles LP - Take It Easy won all three times, with Peaceful Easy Feeling finishing in second place. (Note: Witchy Woman finished in third place in each game).
    2. Long Road Out of Eden - Waiting in the Weeds won all three games, with How Long finishing as runner-up each time.

Only two albums have had a different winner each game:

1. Desperado - Game 1 winner was Desperado, with Tequila Sunrise as runner-up; Game 2 winner was Tequila Sunrise with Desperado as runner-up, and Game 3 winner was the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, with Tequila Sunrise as runner-up.
    2. One of These Nights - Game 1 winner was Lyin' Eyes, with One of These Nights as runner-up; Game 2 winner was Take It to the Limit with One of These Nights as runner-up, and Game 3 winner was the One of These Nights, with Lyin' Eyes as runner-up. (Note: The top three finalist in all three games were One of These Nights, Lyin' Eyes, and Take It to the Limit).

The remaining games had mixed results:

1. On the Border has had the same two finalist for all three games - Already Gone and The Best of My Love with Already Gone winning Games 1 & 3 and The Best of My Love as the Game 2 winner.
    2. Hotel California has had the same two finalist for all three games - Hotel California and New Kid in Town with Hotel California winning Games 1 & 2 and New Kid in Town taking the prize for Game 3. (Note: Life in the Fast Lane finished in third place in each game).
    3. The Long Run has had the same winner for all three games - Heartache Tonight. However, I Can't Tell You Why was the runner-up in Games 1 & 2 and The Long Run as the runner-up for Game 3. (Note: The top three finalist in all three games were Heartache Tonight, I Can't Tell You Why, and The Long Run).
    4. Non-Studio Album Survivor has a different result for all three games - Get Over It and Seven Bridges Road were the finalists in Games 1 & 3, but Get Over It prevailed in Game 1 and Seven Bridges Road as the winner in Game 3; in Game 2, Seven Bridges Road beat out Life's Been Good in the final round.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Since you might consider songs that went out first, how about the ones that was runner-up. Now that's going to be interesting.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thanks for that, Dreamer!

I'm honestly surprised Waiting In The Weeds won, especially 3 times in a row! I would have definitely picked How Long or even Busy Being Fabulous. I really didn't care for the version of How Long they did in the early 70s but I love the more modern sounding version on LROOE, more uptempo and crisp. I heard it live on the LROOE tour, but not the HOTE tour. I enjoyed hearing it. It despite having country lyrics and a twangy guitar intro, is pretty uptempo and Chuck Berry-like with the rhythm. It has the Chuck shuffle to it, just like Get Over It has. Everyone knows I'm not a huge fan of the LROOE album though in general.

I think a survivor with the "last place" songs would be interesting. But I think it would probably be hard, because a lot of them wouldn't be something I would have voted for.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."