Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: All-Star Songs

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: All-Star Songs

I don't believe it - been incredibly busy here the last few weeks since the schools reopened and I thought the vote finished tonight. Still due to its place as an Iconic song I would have voted for Take it Easy anyway so all is good. Thanks to Dreamer for organising the Survivor and Congratulations to TIE!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congrats to Take It Easy!

Whew, that was a close one too! I love both songs, but TIE will always come out the winner for me. Just too many years and memories to go with it!

And Austin, I would agree with you about possibly HC being more definitive of the Eagles though. It was huge for them.

Thanks to Dreamer for all the hard work here too! You rock!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow, that was close! Well, both songs were very deserving. I wouldn't have been sad for either one to win.

CONGRATS TAKE IT EASY!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Dreamer thanks for all the work you do regarding these contests. And Austin, I agree, HC has become their signature song world wide. Anyone, any where hears that song thinks "Eagles". I think HC is overplayed on the radio - at least around here - lol. However, I like TIE and NKIT more than HC. Just MHO though.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again, everyone.

And ...

CONGRATS TO TAKE IT EASY!!!

I agree with what most everyone has said here. I adore both of the final songs, but in the end I decided to go with the one that started it all.

And while I agree that Hotel California may be a bit more of the definitive song for the band, I think it is very close. I think Take It Easy is the definitive song from the band's early country-rock years and Hotel California represents the band's later more rock-oriented years. I can't imagine an Eagle's concert without both songs and both gave me chills every single time I saw them live.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Dreamer thanks for all the work you do regarding these contests. And Austin, I agree, HC has become their signature song world wide. Anyone, any where hears that song thinks "Eagles". I think HC is overplayed on the radio - at least around here - lol. However, I like TIE and NKIT more than HC. Just MHO though.
    That's fair. That's how I feel about TIE - I'm just burnt out a bit. I think if a song is your favorite you never burn out - because after years of over-listening to HC, I never burn out. It's weird...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    That's fair. That's how I feel about TIE - I'm just burnt out a bit. I think if a song is your favorite you never burn out - because after years of over-listening to HC, I never burn out. It's weird...
    There are some songs I never get sick of either! I wonder how the voting would go, if it was TIE vs HC...

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    There are some songs I never get sick of either! I wonder how the voting would go, if it was TIE vs HC...
    Probably depends if your a country/country-rock fan or a straight up classic rock/70s rock fan. I'm always the latter. For me I like my guitars loud and crunchy with wailing vocals. Fortunately the Eagles had enough of that going on in the late 70s to make me happy. But fans of the vocal harmonies and early era will probably choose TIE. I'm not a vocal band guy. But I don't like instrumental music either, so there you go. I'm complex.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - for me, personally, I love all iterations of the band and I don't ever get sick of hearing them. I'm easy when it comes to Eagles songs - there aren't any songs in their entire catalog that I can't listen to.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah - for me, personally, I love all iterations of the band and I don't ever get sick of hearing them. I'm easy when it comes to Eagles songs - there aren't any songs in their entire catalog that I can't listen to.
    Well, there are a COUPLE Eagles songs that I can't listen to with a smile on my face....

But the thing about the Eagles is not only that they don't have a lot of duds. It's also that they don't have a lot of mediocre and "Just OK" songs, which is the case for most groups. What sets them apart is that so many of their songs are FANTASTIC. That's what makes the Eagles special.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten