Thread: Jimmie Haskel California '99

Default Jimmie Haskel California '99

Hi,.Sodascouts suggested a new thread be started since I mentioned it in a post regarding Frankie Miller Double Take...so here it is! I have been coming across some obscure stuff lately (posted some vids in the JW you tube video andthread) and learned of a concept album from '71, California 99, by Jimmie Haskel, that had various artists in it including Joe! He is on 2 songs "Jessica Stone" which is pretty cool, with some wicked guitar playing....and "California Fairy Tale". The album is STRANGE...I like Joe's songs until the creepy rambling narration kicks in.. Well worth a listen! They are even on spotify! Here are links to youtube as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0-OjeNuzuiA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dGxnq9drx6Q

any thoughts?

Default Re: Jimmie Haskel California '99

I listened to these and you have, especially in the case of "Jenny Stone," songs that are really intriguing that basically get ruined by the lame narration / "concept." It's a real shame. What is there, though - Joe's contributions, his vocals - is really interesting. I'm so glad you brought this to our attention because I was completely unaware of it and I find it so interesting to find this new stuff.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - great find KW. Thanks for the 'new' stuff.

Love Joe's vocals and guitar work in both of these songs. I really like both songs, but I have agree with Soda about the lame narration.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ya the narration is horrible. iv e been listening to Jessica Stone a lot. Glad you liked it. Something that was "new" to me I posted in the you tube video thread of Joe playing in a club in Vermont back in 86 or so. Pretty cool although resolution and sound isn't that good....his solo in hang on Sloopy sounds cool....