Thread: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas NV - 9/27, 9/28, 10/5/19

Default MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas NV - 9/27, 9/28, 10/5/19

Another review of the Eagles concert in Vegas, this time of the 2nd night. It looks like the guys dressed up a little and Vince and Deacon wore spiffy black hats (as seen in the photo in the linked article).

There must have been some strict enforcement of the no camera rule b/c so far I haven’t found any concert footage on YT. Apparently Joe will be making an announcement on his website JoeWalshForPresident.com in about a week. Curiously, there was no mention of Glenn’s picture being displayed in the background at any point.

Also, Deacon played the solo in TALA.

It helps to know the back story: On Saturday night, when Deacon took the solo on “Try to Love Again,” he was playing Old Black, a Les Paul Junior with one broken pickup, supposedly gifted to Glenn by Jackson Browne, who got it from Jeff Hanna of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. The younger Frey handles this history the only way a sensible man could. He stands up there in a Colt 45 T-shirt — the beer, not the gun — and tries to ignore it. He doesn’t sing his father’s songs quite like his father did, but anyone attempting “Take It Easy” and “Peaceful Easy Feeling” at an Eagles show can always count on the help of a few thousand backup singers.
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...fornia-concert

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas NV - 9/27, 9/28, 10/5/19

This is a brief review of their last concert held on October 5, courtesy of ​The Las Vegas Review-Journal. The picture in the link shows Deacon wearing a University of Colorado shirt - his dad’s maybe?

There’s another mention of the orchestra and choir. The choir members from the college must have been excited to perform at these shows.

In an era where superstars lop musicians to save money, the band cut no corners in its music production, lining up a 46-piece orchestra dotted with Vegas players, along with several members of the choir from the UNLV College of Fine Arts.
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/entert...strip-1864979/

And another review, this time by The Daily Mail, speculating about a possible Netflix special.

It’s a memorable evening that deserves a wider audience than the 40,000-odd who witnessed one of the three nights in Vegas. The video relay, shot mostly with unmanned cameras, was strikingly sharp, which makes you wonder if the Eagles will do the show as a Netflix special, like Springsteen On Broadway. Or they could go one better than The Boss and turn it into a world tour.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-7533815/Eagles-review-Hotel-California-live-Las-Vegas-soaring-success.html

[QUOTE=Delilah;388915]This is a brief review of their last concert held on October 5, courtesy of ​The Las Vegas Review-Journal. The picture in the link shows Deacon wearing a University of Colorado shirt - his dad’s maybe?

Thanks, Delilah. I dunno about the shirt. Deacon is 6' something, and the shirt looks loose. They didn't wear them big when Glenn wore his on his 5'9" frame. Nice homage either way, though!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

FreyFollower, I think you’re right. Glenn’s shirt wouldn’t look that big on Deacon. It was kind of faded so I thought maybe it was the same one.

It was sweet to acknowledge Glenn, esp. with what he wore on the Hotel California ​tour.

Stuck on the Border

[QUOTE=FreyFollower;389082]
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This is a brief review of their last concert held on October 5, courtesy of ​The Las Vegas Review-Journal. The picture in the link shows Deacon wearing a University of Colorado shirt - his dad’s maybe?

Thanks, Delilah. I dunno about the shirt. Deacon is 6' something, and the shirt looks loose. They didn't wear them big when Glenn wore his on his 5'9" frame. Nice homage either way, though!
    Thanks for the review. I would agree that it can't be Glenn's t-shirt. Deacon is 6'2'' and Glenn was only 5'9". It's very sweet of Deacon to do that to honor his Dad.

PS - Delilah - I love your avatar !

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post

PS - Delilah - I love your avatar !
    Thanks, New Kid!