Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles to take Hotel California on the road in 2020

Default Eagles to take Hotel California on the road in 2020

According to Billboard: https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...l2nZdFd2A-NKw8

Following a sold-out trial run in Las Vegas, Eagles will take Hotel California on the road in 2020.

The iconic rock group — billed as Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Deacon Frey and Vince Gill — performed its classic 1976 album, Hotel California, in its entirety for the first time Sept. 27 at MGM Grand Garden Arena with a 46-piece orchestra and 22-member choir, followed by a greatest hits set after a brief intermission. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees repeated the evening Sept. 28 and Oct. 5.

Starting in February, the multiple Grammy winners will travel to Atlanta, New York, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco and Los Angeles with Hotel California, complete with orchestra and choir, and a greatest hits second half.

Tickets for the 12 concerts go on sale beginning Oct.18 via Ticketmaster.com.

“Hotel California” 2020 Tour Dates:

Feb. 7-8 -- Atlanta, State Farm Arena
    Feb. 14-15 -- New York, Madison Square Garden
    Feb. 29-March 1 -- Dallas, American Airlines Center
    March 6-7 -- Houston, Toyota Center
    April 11-12 -- San Francisco, Chase Center
    April 17-18 -- Inglewood, Calif., The Forum
    And... it does look like Deacon will join them.

Default Re: Eagles to take Hotel California on the road in 2020

The tour just went up on the web site (wasn't there when I posted the Billboard article).

https://www.eagles.com/
    Last edited by CAinOH; 10-08-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Wow....frustrated cuz I missed them last go round and hubby wont go to MSG (closest venue) and really was hoping for a solo Joe tour 😕

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    The tour just went up on the web site (wasn't there when I posted the Billboard article).

https://www.eagles.com/
    Well, you know this was going to happen. So much for Deacon not touring with them after the Vegas shows.
    CA - Hi - how are you ? It also came up on my FB account too. Based on the Vegas prices I expect tickets prices to be through the roof, especially MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Well, you know this was going to happen. So much for Deacon not touring with them after the Vegas shows.
    CA - Hi - how are you ? It also came up on my FB account too. Based on the Vegas prices I expect tickets prices to be through the roof, especially MSG.
    Doing fine. Work has just switched into crazy mode and will be that way for the next month... but, so far, so good.

The venues are up on Ticketmaster, but there's no prices for the tickets yet. It will be interesting to see how much they're charging.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I just saw that too! Of course, we pretty much expected it to happen.

Guess that was just a rumor about Deacon quitting.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Don Henley may be hinting this is the last tour:
    https://kbgo.iheart.com/featured/big...eP1K8.facebook

Don Henley talked about the Eagles doing their Hotel California tour in six cities and possibly extending it beyond that:

"If that goes well I'm sure that our management team will be adding some more. You know, I mean I've said this before, but I'll say it again -- I think the band is nearing the end of its run. I'm 72 years old now. I've got a lot of aches and pains. I've got a grandson that I would like to spend some time with. I'd like to see my children more than I do. So, 2020 sounds like a nice round number, and, you know, I don't know if we can top this show. I don't what we'd do after this. Using a baseball terminology we are definitely in extra innings and we're grateful."

Brooke - Deacon himself did come out and say prior to the Vegas run of shows that this (Vegas) would be his last stop. So either he was coerced with $, or we can no longer trust what he says like Uncle Don.

CAinOH - LOL! Don needs to just STOP with his empty promises. This will be our last. This one. No, I REALLY mean it this time, come see us NOW. Just stop Don. I think he just does it to sell tickets to a show that hasn't done as well as the real deal with Glenn. And now with the whole social media thing Deacon and Otis are doing, they are using a bag of tricks to try to get people to show up to this abomination of a tour.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Brooke - Deacon himself did come out and say prior to the Vegas run of shows that this (Vegas) would be his last stop. So either he was coerced with $, or we can no longer trust what he says like Uncle Don.

CAinOH - LOL! Don needs to just STOP with his empty promises. This will be our last. This one. No, I REALLY mean it this time, come see us NOW. Just stop Don. I think he just does it to sell tickets to a show that hasn't done as well as the real deal with Glenn. And now with the whole social media thing Deacon and Otis are doing, they are using a bag of tricks to try to get people to show up to this abomination of a tour.
    I had a feeling that if the money train was going to keep chugging, Deacon would stay aboard. There are very few people able to leave that kind of money on the table. I just don't understand why Don - and now Deacon - have zero compunction about making these kind of statements when obviously they have no intention of stopping anytime soon. Could it really be as simple as "keep people thinking it might end soon so they keep buying those tickets"? We're going on Year 3.... come on.

So only two people on the stage actually appeared on the HC album, but I bet most of the people that go to the shows don't even know that. Those that do realize it don't mind. If Vegas is an indicator, the tickets will sell.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I had a feeling that if the money train was going to keep chugging, Deacon would stay aboard. Glenn could leave money on the table, but there are not many people like Glenn. I just don't understand why Don - and now Deacon - have zero compunction about making these kind of statements when obviously they have no intention of stopping anytime soon. Could it really be as simple as "keep people thinking it might end soon so they keep buying those tickets"? We're going on Year 3.... come on.

So only two people on the stage actually appeared on the HC album, but I bet most of the people that go to the shows don't even know that. Those that do realize it don't mind. If Vegas is an indicator, the tickets will sell.
    I agree. I think it's ridiculous that in Year 3 of 3.0, that he still needs to resort to desperation tactics to try to make sure the cash cow/money train doesn't go away. Does he not realize he's set for life?!

I think the main reason Vegas sold well was because it was held in Vegas with the whole tourism thing and the Vegas experience with gambling, food, nice hotels, etc with a whole VIP thing around it - and the fact they were going to play HC from top to bottom. With only two HC-era members, mind you (as you said). I don't think their normal touring prior to Vegas has done as well in terms of numbers. HOTE and even LROOE were huge tours by comparison. I think that Don has nothing to worry about, but I don't think Don believes that. I think he's just trying everything in the book to have some job security and is probably more paranoid than he needs to be at this point. And even if the tour flops (which IMO it should, but c'est la vie), it's not like the man is going to end up on the streets busking for money for food. I mean come on!

And now Deacon is following Don's lead, either by his own accord or by Uncle Don's "influence". Regardless, it reflects poorly on Deacon to do that. I was really looking forward to him moving on and getting a job/career of his own and starting over and pursue what HE wants to do, if it's music I highly doubt it's classic rock or country music. From what I've heard, it's more in the hiphop world. Not a fan of that music or culture, but I'd still support him just for going out and trudging his own new path and finally getting some independence and creating a name for himself. It's IMO not healthy to try to take the place of a parent.

One thing's for sure. I will no longer get my hopes up for them wrapping it up. And at some point I will just lose interest in all of them besides the 70s output I know and love. I would love to see Don Henley solo, but that won't happen because he's making too much money being an "Eagle". I think at this point I'm just so dismayed with everyone in that camp that it sours my feelings on them as people, which does suck. I try to keep it from affecting my love for their music, and so far I've been able to. But I can't in good faith support the current members from here on out with new stuff. It just has really disappointed me. Oh well.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."