Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video of try and love again

Default Video of try and love again

Well we finally have a video of the band playing Try and love again. I think Vince sings it pretty well but randy’s performance is better.

Link: https://youtu.be/5XWHKlpSuuk

Default Re: Video of try and love again

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I had given up finding a video from these shows, never mind this particular song. I thought Deacon played the solo but it looks like Joe did.

Awesome!!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I had given up finding a video from these shows, never mind this particular song. I thought Deacon played the solo but it looks like Joe did.

Awesome!!
    I had given up hope too but I decided to look it up on YouTube one more time and there it was! I’m glad it’s being played. If only a randy version with the band existed...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post

Awesome!!
    To me it looks like Deacon did the solo. Did Don play drums?

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post

I think Don played acoustic guitar and Deacon definitely played the solo, but it looks like Joe And Stu did a bit of soloing at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Yep, Deacon played the solo. I stand corrected. I guess I was so excited when I watched it the first time, I somehow missed it. I love that Joe worked out a new guitar part for the song.

I imagine these guys are happy to finally get to play something different. Which is why I’m a little surprised Don didn’t play drums on it. Maybe he didn’t want to bother re-learning something he had not played in decades. Or maybe he was saving his energy for the songs where he does play drums.

I also noticed Deacon sang quite a bit of the backing vocals. The others, not so much.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

As a young person, I would think he would be pushing to do more...they seemed to have dropped "How Long" he did with Don a few times. I believe people would be more inclined to pay these high ticket prices if they thought they would see something different.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Well we finally have a video of the band playing Try and love again. I think Vince sings it pretty well but randy’s performance is better.

Link: https://youtu.be/5XWHKlpSuuk
    Thanks for the link, YEF. I really like Vince's rendition of TALA. Of course it's not like Randy's, but he did a great job.

Stuck on the Border

I still don't consider this the Eagles, but I must say that, to me, at least that sounds better in the Eagles context than Vince singing Glenn songs.

Out on the Border

So I was the person that originally uploaded some videos from this concert. Then YouTube slapped me upside the head because apparently Don Henley hates both YouTube and his fans (and he actively reports violators).

Yet, I effin love this song, and it saddens me that hundreds of thousands of people are dying right now... there is such a dearth of love in the world right now, I'm really hoping this video lasts online this time. There is so much hate spreading like wildfire across the world, and we all need to try and love again.

I really hope that posting this again doesn't end up with all of my YouTube content being deleted, but not sharing this feels like it is diminishing the good in the world... so please enjoy while this is available...

https://youtu.be/SsJYPyh2gFo

Hayzeus