Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Rock Hall of Fame Nominees Announced

Default 2020 Rock Hall of Fame Nominees Announced

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...ees/ar-AAIOpSf

Short version:

The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s class of 2020 are in and the list includes the Notorious B.I.G., Whitney Houston, Pat Benatar, Dave Matthews Band, Depeche Mode, the Doobie Brothers, Judas Priest, Kraftwerk, MC5, Motörhead, Nine Inch Nails, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, Todd Rundgren, Soundgarden, T. Rex and Thin Lizzy. The top vote-getters will be announced in January and inducted May 2nd, 2020 at a ceremony at Cleveland’s Public Hall.

Default Re: 2020 Rock Hall of Fame Nominees Announced

Seems like they're scraping the barrel this year, IMO...I am not excited about any of these (no offense meant to anyone who is though!). I don't think I'll be voting this year, first time in a while.

Personally, I think Pat Benatar is long over due.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I like the Doobies and Judas Priest.

So many snubs over the years including Joe Walsh...to think that Notorious BIG might get in before JOE (wth people?!) Judas Priest, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Doobies and Benatar and many others I have missed. It’s ridiculous. I think Joe said it best.....
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=cnGWdz2qyM0

Border Rebel

I love the Doobies, especially early, pre-Michael McDonald Doobies. I think they are long overdue considering what a top draw they were in the 70s.

NMB- I totally admire your diverse taste!

Thin Lizzy and Judas Priest? Heck yeah!

As a primarily hard rock guy, I love those two bands and they are long overdue - especially Thin Lizzy. How can anyone not love "The Boys Are Back In Town"?

Also happy The Doobie Brothers, T.Rex, and Pat Benatar are in the running.

I personally love both eras of the Doobie Brothers. I think Michael McDonald has a one of a kind voice. It's a unique tone. No one can do his material. For better or worse - no one sounds like him, even in the ballpark. Depending on if you like him or not that can be a good or bad thing, lol. However music-wise and guitar-wise I do slightly prefer the Tom Johnston era.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Rebel

WalshFan-I like Micheal McDonald's voice and his songs, I just prefer the more free wheeling early sound of the Doobies. The McDonald era of the band was more in my time frame, but I love songs like "Long Train Running".

I agree about the Doobies and Pat Benatar. I remember my brother liked Kraftwerk. Obviously, it is a matter of opinion, but I don't see Notorious B.I.G. or Whitney as Rock and Roll at all. Huge in their genres, and deserving of the major awards in their field. I'm sure there is a certain amount of sympathy vote. But if you asked someone to describe their music, I don't think the words "Rock and Roll" would ever come up. Surely there are enough true rock artists for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I agree about the Doobies and Pat Benatar. I remember my brother liked Kraftwerk. Obviously, it is a matter of opinion, but I don't see Notorious B.I.G. or Whitney as Rock and Roll at all. Huge in their genres, and deserving of the major awards in their field. I'm sure there is a certain amount of sympathy vote. But if you asked someone to describe their music, I don't think the words "Rock and Roll" would ever come up. Surely there are enough true rock artists for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Exactly, FF. Why in the world are some of these in the R & R HoF? They are not R & R! Ugh!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten