Thread: Eagles Merchandising

Out on the Border

Default Eagles Merchandising

I realize the Eagles are closer to the end of their performing lives, than the beginning -- but, in my opinion, that is an even more important reason for them to be stepping it up a notch when it comes to their merchandising, as people who might not normally purchase a band's t-shirt, might be more apt to do so for a band that conjures nostalgic memories.

When we attended the Eagles concert last year in Boston, my husband bought their North American 2018 grey t-shirt in a size medium -- and he is very particular about his t-shirts, but this is one he wears quite often, as it seems the more he wears and washes it -- the more comfortable he said it is, and he likes that it fits him just right around his arms and chest, but is just a little looser around his abs-- and he said he really likes the lighter-to-mid-weight feel of it, as he doesn't like heavy-knit t-shirts.

My father and brother-in-law mentioned that when they went to their Vegas show, the hotel had a shop set-aside to sell a lot of the band's merchandise -- and the both of them were looking to get the same t-shirt that Matt has, but couldn't find it, and they didn't like any of the other stuff, so they didn't get anything there. My mother, mother-in-law and aunt did buy themselves a shirt or hoodie.

Since I've been trying to wrap-up my Christmas gift shopping before the arrival of our baby girl at the end of this month, I figured it would make a great gift to buy my father, my husband's 2 brothers and one of their good friends, the same t-shirt Matt has -- but they only have it available in sizes small, medium or triple large -- and the 3 of them are all a size large -- though Mark might be an XL-- but none of them wear their shirts super baggy and none of them could wear a medium.

But, even worse, I was going to buy Matt another of the shirts, as he does take a medium -- but the description says you are not guaranteed to receive the same list of cities as the t-shirt online -- and the whole point of the shirt is to be a memory of the night we all went to the show in Boston with his mother, brothers and my parents -- and I don't want to get him the shirt, if it doesn't have Boston as one of the tour stops listed on the back.

That is all I was interested in buying on their website -- but, I'll tell you something --whoever is in charge of their merchandising really needs to step it up a notch, as not only is it a big mistake not to be restocking a shirt that is clearly popular in the more popular sizes, but they're not even selling some of the items that they could be making their best profits on.

Last edited by Carolyn; 10-18-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    Ask for what you want -- and be prepared to get it! ~ Maya Angelou

Default Re: Eagles Merchandising

You might try eBay. Some of the Vegas stuff did end up there.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    You might try eBay. Some of the Vegas stuff did end up there.

Thanks, CAinOH -- I just did a quick search on eBay and only found a listing for 1 of these same shirts my husband has in a size Large -- but it is used -- and I wouldn't want to give any of them a used t-shirt from eBay.

Interestingly, the seller on eBay is selling it for $40, which is $10 more than the Eagles official website is selling it for -- but, I wonder if the Eagles website has been out of this popular shirt in the size Large for a while, so the seller on eBay knows they can get more money for it -- even in used condition.

Oh well, I'm off to show a house this morning -- but below is a link to the shirt on the Eagles' website, and I'd appreciate if anyone happens to notice if they re-stock it in a size large, or even XL, if they could post a reply to give me a head's-up:

https://eagles.com/store/product/nor...y-tour-t-shirt

That's last year's shirt. I doubt if they'll restock. The site is into the new tour stuff already.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Get the large ones and bring them to an alterations shop and get them adjusted to size.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Get the large ones and bring them to an alterations shop and get them adjusted to size.
    Thank you, CAinOH and GA -- I just got home from a busy day of 2 showings & submitting an offer for a very excited client, then rushing to pick my son up from kindergarten and then picking-out flooring for one of the houses we're flipping -- so now that I'm home and have an hour to relax before I make the American Chop Suey for dinner-- per my brother-in-law's request, who lives across the street -- so I have time to try to narrow down some picks for the guys' presents. I swear,moms, grandmothers, aunts & sisters are so much easier to buy for. Last year I got my husband some new black cords from Levi's vintage collection on their website, and he loved those, aswell as some of their vintage t-shirts, but I'm not loving anything they have on there right now -- so I'm going to browse to see if I find anything elsewhere --otherwise, I'll take GA's great suggestion to just buy the larger size and alter them, as my grandmother use to do a lot of seamstress and tailoring work for years, and I learned a little from her -- and I can always ask for her help, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    Last year I got my husband some new blackcords from Levi's vintage collection on their website
    Wait, am I understanding you correctly? Levi's sells black corduroys? Please, let that be true! One of my favorite outfits (back in the day) was a pair of black straight-leg Levi cords with a baseball style concert t-shirt from Billy Joel's Nylon Curtain tour. Still have the t-shirt (I think... I hope!). I'm going to check Levi's web site right now...

Out on the Border

Wait, am I understanding you correctly? Levi's sells black corduroys? Please, let that be true! One of my favorite outfits (back in the day) was a pair of black straight-leg Levi cords with a baseball style concert t-shirt from Billy Joel's Nylon Curtain tour. Still have the t-shirt (I think... I hope!). I'm going to check Levi's web site right now...

Unfortunately, Levi's only had the black cords I got my husband under their vintage collection for a very short time. Fortunately, I got him 2 pairs -- and I found another pair on Amazon after they were sold-out on Levi's. I also got him a t-shirt from that same vintage collection on Levi's that is kind of a steel-gray heather style that says ROCKERS on it -- and he loved that -- said it was his favorite shirt ever. Same thing -- they sold out of that, but I found one in an orange-kind of color on Amazon. I'm just not loving their offerings right now on Levi's. The only thing I bought on that site this year for Matt, Mark & my son is their Levi's black knit slouchy beanie hat-- and I got myself the red & white Levi's hat with a red pom-pom. But, if I see those black cords come back on Levi's site -- I'll let you know, as Matt's other brother, David, wanted the black cords and the gray/blue t'shirt, as well.

I should add that although they don't have the vintage-style cords I got my husband last year --Levi's is selling their 502-style cords on their regular website -- not in their vintage collection. My husband just doesn't like the 502 style. They have 2 separate listings forthe 502 style -- one is a Justin Timberlake 502 style, which my husband also doesn't like -- but you might like them -- so here are the links:

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/appare...ts/p/761020003

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/appare...ts/p/295070438
    Last edited by Carolyn; 10-18-2019 at 04:21 PM.

I found corduroys on Levi's site:

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/appare...ts/p/295070438

Out on the Border

Unfortunately, Matt doesn't like the 502 style -- but I appreciate you taking the time to look. He has 3 pairs of the ones he likes, and they really last & last, because he has put 1 pair away for"safe keeping" and he wears the other two at least four times a week. He likes the fit of the ones he has because they sit a little bit lower, and he likes that the pockets are a little bit lower in the back, and he likes the deep pockets in the front for putting his keys in -- and he likes the fit on his butt and legs -- and,honestly -- I do, too -- because they're fitted nicely, without being skinny-type jeans -- that I can't stand on guys. OK, I just got a call from Matt that he's on his way home & his brother, who has been playing checkers with our 5-year-old just told me he's getting hungry -- so that's my hint that it's time to start cooking the American Chop Suey.

Have a great night!