Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles fans: the next generation

Default Eagles fans: the next generation

I just had to share this with you:

Yesterday I went on an overnight trip with my mom, sister, and her 4 kids. As we were driving, my 11-year-old nephew "commandeered" my MP3 player. He latched on to Last Good Time in Town and must've listened to it 10 times in a row. He really loves that song. Later, I encouraged him to listen to the other songs (he really liked HL, WITW, LROOE, and I caught him singing BBF last night). Anyway, at one point he was listening to I Don't Want to Hear Anymore. He turns to me and says, "Man, these guys really have trouble with the girls!" I swear if I had been drinking something at that moment, I would've done a spit-take! It was hilarious!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

That really is hilarious, katherine!
    Glad to hear you are raising your nephew right!

Stuck on the Border

My daughter can quote the last verse of Somebody back to me. She also loves BBF and LROOE. She is 9.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My daughter LOVES all the songs on LROOE and can sing a song once after listening to it in most cases. She can also identify who is singing what. But she is CONVINCED that Glenn is having serious marriage problems any time she listens to WDIDWMH! Despite my reassurances to the contrary.

I'm tempted to suggest to her that if it was true her own little life would be about to get a lot more complicated
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

What a cute story, Katherine! Teach 'em right!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That is very cute. Sadly I have two teenage boys who would rather stand in front of a firing squad than admit they like 'Mom's music'

Lol, TBS! My son's 17th birthday is 4 days after the Stagecoach Festival. I asked him the other day if he'd like to go see the Eagles concert for his birthday, (providing I get the job I applied for) although I will only be able to get him "nosebleed" seats. He wants to go. Sniff...I'm so proud...he has his priorities straight. lol My daughter is another story. She tends to listen to hip hop...but she hears Eagles music often enough that she knows most of the words and I catch her singing along.

Well PLS I'm sure if you invite her along she won't refuse....
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, my motto is 'teach the children well', and looks like we are all doing a fine job. My three nieces - ages 11, 15, and 18 all love the Eagles. I introduced them to their music at a very early age. Of course, now they all want me to take them to a show. I wanted to take them to one if the band played anywhere near home even though it was going to be expensive. I think I mentioned this in another thread, but the 11 year old has informed me that she wants to sit in the front row - yeah, like no problem, kid! But I think the Hard Rock show in Myrtle Beach may be where I take them. It looks like that will be the cheapest show that comes close to me, and if the tickets are general admission, you can be sure I'll be standing in line early enough to be very close up front.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That sounds like a great idea Dreamer. I hope you get there early enough (like a week ) and get the best possible seats
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP