Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles fans: the next generation

Katherine, that is so cool about your nephew! To get an 11 year old interested in the Eagles is quite an achievement.

GA, FP and dreamer, seems like you are also hitting the right spot.

PLS, you must be very proud that your son wants to go to the Stagecoach festival. It will probably last with me for ever that my son came to Cardiff with me, and both of them are happy to listen to the music I play in the car.

tbsfanatic - lol - that's what I would have expected from my two - perhaps, on balance, they are just humouring me!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I've done the best I could to train them right, GEF. My oldest got LROOE for Christmas. My 21 year old would give his eye teeth to see a concert, so he got the deluxe version for Christmas. My almost 17 year old took every one of my Eagles cds and loaded them onto his iPod before he put anything else on there. (Again, little tear.) I think the reason my daughter leans toward the hip hop stuff is from so many years of cheerleading. They need music with a hard fast beat for that. Many teams put in snippets of classic rock and it always makes my day at a competition when someone uses The Heat Is On.
    On Sunday I walked into the living room and did a little gasp when I heard THIO coming from the tv. I exclaimed, "Glenn" and started singing along with the music as Beverly Hills Cop was starting. As the guys were just figuring out what I was talking about, my daughter piped up with, "She knows every word to every Eagles song...she knows every word to every Glenn song." During the 4 beat pause I did the "bump" along with the drum and she said, "Oh that's just too much mom! It's one thing to know the words, but you even know the beat." complete with eye roll. lol Now I'm working on the grandkids. They listen to country music at home so I can play that in the car and they'll put up with my Eagles...but if my daughter puts on her music they cover their ears and complain. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Well, my motto is 'teach the children well', and looks like we are all doing a fine job. My three nieces - ages 11, 15, and 18 all love the Eagles.
    How funny, dreamer! My sister's kids are 11, 15, and 18 too (and there's also a 9-year-old). While we were in the van waiting for my sister to check us into the hotel on Saturday, the five of us were singing along to the songs on Their Greatest Hits. I asked them if they wanted to see them in concert, to which they said, "Yes!" My sister had just gotten back in the van and was, I'm sure, quite surprised that I had just added another 4 people to our group that I've already put together for when they do come in concert. Counting my sister and her kids and four people at work, we're up to 10!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - what a coincidence about our nieces ages, Katherine. And they all LOVE the Eagles. Could that be any cooler!!!

And looks like I'm not the only one that will be forking out major bucks for tickets on this tour!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Hey, good taste and smart kidos...

I am trying my kids to follow me, keep them well informed, I am not doing such a bad job I think, since they don't listen Music I hate, however, respecting them as own persons regardless they are still kids.

So far they like The Eagles, Jackson Browne and (Spain band) Jarabe de Palo...

On their own they like My Chem. Romance, Blacked E'Peas, and God they are soooooo into High Sch. Musical
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Excellent tlr - it looks like you definitely have those kids on the right track!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I asked Rosalind if she wanted to see the band on their next tour. She said she didn't want to 'stay up late'. I'll have to work on her.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I asked Rosalind if she wanted to see the band on their next tour. She said she didn't want to 'stay up late'. I'll have to work on her.
    Tell her Timtot is only 6 and she managed it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP