Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

  1. #11
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,233

    Default Re: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

    GRRRR that guy ticks me off!!!!!!!!!

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  2. #12
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,403

    Default Re: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

    Austin, you're the winner and that guys the loser because he gave up the $6 you were willing to pay for the album in return for showing his immaturity. I value people telling why they prefer one thing over another but this sounds like he's just repeating what he thinks is the "cool" opinion. The idea of pitting two singers against each other and deciding who is "best" always seems slightly ridiculous to me. Why do I have to choose when I can have both? Some times I want to listen to Henley and some times Frey, but what your post made me realise was that I really wanted to listen to Steve Marriott. I don't think I've listened to Rockin' the Fillmore since my brother left home (and that must have been 45 years ago). So thank you for the reminder and I'm off to Walk on Gilded Splinters.


    PS
    Does the album have "Living in Darkness" or "The Heat is On"?
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 11-05-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    "Billy, whoever writes the songs, wins."

  3. #13
    Border Troubadour CAinOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,184

    Default Re: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

    Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

    PS
    Does the album have "Living in Darkness" or "The Heat is On"?
    "Living in Darkness" -- yes. "The Heat is On" is only on the compilation albums.

  4. #14
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,403

    Default Re: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

    My Allnighter CD has "The Heat is On" instead of "Living in Darkness".
    "Billy, whoever writes the songs, wins."

  5. #15
    Border Troubadour CAinOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,184

    Default Re: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

    Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    My Allnighter CD has "The Heat is On" instead of "Living in Darkness".
    Interesting.

  6. #16
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,403

    Default Re: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

    My CD is likely to be a UK release and Wikipedia implies that european and asian releases have this change.
    "Billy, whoever writes the songs, wins."

  7. #17
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,521

    Default Re: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    GRRRR that guy ticks me off!!!!!!!!!
    Tell me about it!

    For him to make that big of a deal out of me wanting to buy that album, there has to be more to the story between him and Glenn. I mean even hardcore Don fans that were extremely biased wouldn't be that vitriolic towards Glenn. I think he either was mad at Glenn about Felder, or maybe something Glenn said or did that he saw on TV or read somewhere. He sure was animated about it. It was tangential at best.


  8. #18
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,521

    Default Re: My "Allnighter" vinyl store experience

    Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Austin, you're the winner and that guys the loser because he gave up the $6 you were willing to pay for the album in return for showing his immaturity. I value people telling why they prefer one thing over another but this sounds like he's just repeating what he thinks is the "cool" opinion. The idea of pitting two singers against each other and deciding who is "best" always seems slightly ridiculous to me. Why do I have to choose when I can have both? Some times I want to listen to Henley and some times Frey, but what your post made me realise was that I really wanted to listen to Steve Marriott. I don't think I've listened to Rockin' the Fillmore since my brother left home (and that must have been 45 years ago). So thank you for the reminder and I'm off to Walk on Gilded Splinters.


    PS
    Does the album have "Living in Darkness" or "The Heat is On"?
    Yeah exactly! I'm like "sure buddy I'll take a free album" but it was how he went on and on about why would anyone listen to Glenn's music that made it bad. If he would have just said hey no one buys these around here so if you'd like it, since you're buying 5 other albums from me, just take it as a freebie. That would have been understandable. No store wants to sit on merchandise forever. But that wasn't the case.

    It has Living in Darkness. I would have appreciated THIO though! I guess I need to try to find it on vinyl next. I did once find a single song LP promo thing for Don's ASWTDID on vinyl, but not a Glenn song.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •