Thread: eagles 1980 lying eyes footage

Default eagles 1980 lying eyes footage

DONT KNOW IF ANYONE CARES OR NOT BUT TODAY ON INSTAGRAM @EAGLESBANDFANPAGE I WILL BE UPLOADING FOOTAGE FROM THE HOUSTON SUMMIT 1980 CONCERT OF THE EAGLES PERFORMING LYIN' EYES. IT WELL BE UPLOADED AT AROUND 2 OR 3 PM EST SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT JUST LOOK UP THAT USERNAME ON INSTAGRAM . I WILL ALSO POST A LINK TO THE PAGE https://www.instagram.com/eaglesbandfanpage/?hl=en ENJOY AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Out on the Border

Default Re: eagles 1980 lying eyes footage

Hey all, the quality of what he is going to post is horrible, and it's not even the full song, I have the houston 1980 dvd myself and I was the one who put I Can't Tell you Why on youtube, just letting you guys know what he really is posting, he's also the one who made up fake concerts he had but he really has none

Out on the Border FingersFelder77's Avatar

love it... its like two kids fighting over the ownership of a toy. Both of yall need to lose the egos and get off this board if you aint got chit to offer. Its a real shame to the fan base smh

REAL fans understand the severity of it

The quality of your Lyin' Eyes video was indeed quite poor as was suggested by vshiloh. However, I appreciated the other posts and the pictures so I've followed you.

I'm going to say that I've seen Brandon and Michael's content on YT and it's normally been of great quality. I subscribe to both and have enjoyed what they've posted. I appreciated greatly the ICTYW video.

I have no dog in this hunt between Edward vs Brandon/Michael. It does however seem there is almost a rivalry for attention or who get's what first. It's almost like who can be the one to break a hot news story or like those who comment "first" on a new YouTube video. Personally, I don't see a need for that, but hey - competition isn't illegal and hopefully the viewer/consumer will be the ones who benefit just like in business. The only thing I'm going to say, and this applies to everyone who shares bootlegs - is that this shouldn't be a race to get to the top for follows, subscribers, likes, etc. It also doesn't make you any better than the other guy.

I also don't appreciate the vibes from some of the comments on YouTube videos. I've seen where people withhold something unless you have something to trade. That I can understand. You have comments from the channel owner saying "Sure, I'd trade with you if you have something of equal value, email me at insertemailhere". But then someone else who is associated with the channel owner posts something like "don't bother, they're all worthless to us, lol". The insinuation is that the fact this person has this and no one else somehow makes them better or more special. And it just doesn't. You have a rare DVD. Congratulations.

I have a problem with this mentality. As if it's some exclusive club that only a few people aren't worthless to you in order to even ask about trades. It's almost like shooting someone down before they can offer you anything. It's intimidating and highly off-putting. I don't have anything to trade, and even I was pissed off at that suggestion. I understand not wanting to share something rare with someone in full if they don't have something of equal value to share with you. But this level of braggadocio over having a rare bootleg DVD and telling people they are worthless and don't bother asking him if he has something to trade is not cool and it screams entitlement and frankly just immaturity. Again, I totally understand wanting something of equal value. But if they don't have anything equal - they aren't lesser people than you in any regard.

While I don't necessarily care about the rivalry or apparent ongoing battle and while I wouldn't go as far as to be as harsh as FingersFelder77, I think there might be a smidge of truth to what he says. I don't know who started what nor do I care. I don't pick sides here. But I will say that if either side has the mentality I've described above, it's time to bring yourself back down to earth and realize you have a rare bootleg concert video and not some rare artifact, the unreleased JFK files, or the secret formula for Coca-Cola. It's a videotape. While it IS something worth cherishing, it isn't something to be haughty about, IMO. Same with people that have Ferrari's and think they are somehow above-human and are the coolest cats on the block. No, you just spent a lot of money for a luxury car. You are lucky to have it, but you're still a human.

And if you are in fact lying about what you have OR claiming content as your own or without giving credit where it's due - that's not cool.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 11-07-2019 at 06:44 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The quality of your Lyin' Eyes video was indeed quite poor as was suggested by vshiloh. However, I appreciated the other posts and the pictures so I've followed you.

I'm going to say that I've seen Brandon and Michael's content on YT and it's normally been of great quality. I subscribe to both and have enjoyed what they've posted. I appreciated greatly the ICTYW video.

I have no dog in this hunt between Edward vs Brandon/Michael. It does however seem there is almost a rivalry for attention or who get's what first. It's almost like who can be the one to break a hot news story or like those who comment "first" on a new YouTube video. Personally, I don't see a need for that, but hey - competition isn't illegal and hopefully the viewer/consumer will be the ones who benefit just like in business. The only thing I'm going to say, and this applies to everyone who shares bootlegs - is that this shouldn't be a race to get to the top for follows, subscribers, likes, etc. It also doesn't make you any better the other guy.

I also don't appreciate the vibes from some of the comments on YouTube videos. I've seen where people withhold something unless you have something to trade. That I can understand. You have comments from the channel owner saying "Sure, I'd trade with you if you have something of equal value, email me at insertemailhere". But then someone else who is associated with the channel owner posts something like "don't bother, they're all worthless to us, lol". The insinuation is that the fact this person has this and no one else somehow makes them better or more special. And it just doesn't. You have a rare DVD. Congratulations.

I have a problem with this mentality. As if it's some exclusive club that only a few people aren't worthless to you in order to even ask about trades. It's almost like shooting someone down before they can offer you anything. It's intimidating and highly off-putting. I don't have anything to trade, and even I was pissed off at that suggestion. I understand not wanting to share something rare with someone in full if they don't have something of equal value to share with you. But this level of braggadocio over having a rare bootleg DVD and telling people they are worthless and don't bother asking him if he has something to trade is not cool and it screams entitlement and frankly just immaturity. Again, I totally understand wanting something of equal value. But if they don't have anything equal - they aren't lesser people than you in any regard.

While I don't necessarily care about the rivalry or apparent ongoing battle and while I wouldn't go as far as to be as harsh as FingersFelder77, I think there might be a smidge of truth to what he says. I don't know who started what nor do I care. I don't pick sides here. But I will say that if either side has the mentality I've described above, it's time to bring yourself back down to earth and realize you have a rare bootleg concert video and not some rare artifact, the unreleased JFK files, or the secret formula for Coca-Cola. It's a videotape. While it IS something worth cherishing, it isn't something to be haughty about, IMO. Same with people that have Ferrari's and think they are somehow above-human and are the coolest cats on the block. No, you just spent a lot of money for a luxury car. You are lucky to have it, but you're still a human.

And if you are in fact lying about what you have OR claiming content as your own or without giving credit where it's due - that's not cool.
    When one guy actually warns us about a country rock video another guy is posting, the battle seems very serious indeed. 😄

I see ur point but when ur only 18 and were not able to see the eagles during their prime, having a dvd concert of them is pretty serious.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
    I see ur point but when ur only 18 and were not able to see the eagles during their prime, having a dvd concert of them is pretty serious.
    Let's redefine serious, please.

It's pretty cool. I congratulate you on having whatever DVD you have. But does it make you better than someone else or does it give you a reason to be cocky because you have it? No, it's not THAT cool, Edward.

Serious is a big word. It's literally implicating something of upmost importance that has or can have significant effects on something's life or outcome of a situation. It can mean something that is life-altering, threatening, or ending. It's not meant to describe things of small importance to life, the world around you, etc. I don't consider any entertainment content "serious". That word is being used too loosely here. Even if you had The Beatles 1st State Butcher Cover on vinyl that was in mint condition and was only sold for one day and that is worth 5 digits of money, it isn't serious unless selling it pays for your life-saving surgery.

Serious: A cure for cancer is serious. A death of a loved one is serious. A heart attack is serious. Finding out you are pregnant is serious. A rare concert DVD? Man that's pretty cool. But it's about as serious or important to humanity or your livelihood as finding a penny in the street. It's nothing to be pretentious about and certainly not worth starting a fight over with a random stranger on the internet over who gets it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

To be fair, Austin, the kind of ultra-rare content you're describing would be considered worthy of the adjective "serious" by many a collector! I get what you're saying, though. People need to chill about the fighting.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    To be fair, Austin, the kind of ultra-rare content you're describing would be considered worthy of the adjective "serious" by many a collector! I get what you're saying, though. People need to chill about the fighting.
    That's fair, Soda. In the collecting world it is a huge deal. But I think in the bigger picture, it doesn't matter quite as much. Still, it's a fair point and I realize that. But I don't like when it's the reason for fighting.

I still think even if you had it, it doesn't make it ok to be arrogant about it or to fight about having the first dibs on releasing it. It's nothing worth fighting over. But that goes for all most all material things.

At the end of the day everyone is equal as a human - including the CEOs with private jets and millions in the bank. They still bleed the same blood, breathe the same air, and will all die eventually just like us. And when you are gone, no one will give a crap about all that material stuff you had. They care about the impact you had on their lives and what your character was. Hopefully a good one. You can't take it with you...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger