Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It would have been Glenn's 71st birthday today

Default It would have been Glenn's 71st birthday today

It's November 6th. Whenever this day rolls around now, the first thing I think is "Glenn would have been...."

And this is the fourth birthday without him here on earth.

So now we can celebrate the man by remembering him and all he gave us on the day he was born into this world.

At least, that's what I plan to do! I've got my playlist ready - and it's epic, just like his life.

Happy birthday, Glenn.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: It would have been Glenn's 71st birthday today

Saw the birthday wishes popping up on my Facebook feed last night from people overseas (where it was already November 6th). Thought to myself, "Maybe I'll skip all things Eagle-related tomorrow." Then I went out to the barn to take care of the outside cats for the night. Closed the door behind me, and the radio was playing "Smugglers Blues." Nope, no skipping anything today.

Happy 71st Birthday in heaven to Glenn.

The Encore Starz Action channel showed Smuggler's Blues last night. A day before Glenn's birthday. It was interesting that it was time to show first season again and Glenn's episode came on a day before his birthday. It didn't hit me until this morning when I was watching it as I was getting ready for work. I usually record Smuggler's Blues when it comes on, and didn't think of that when I saw it was coming on.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Happy birthday Glenn!

Since I woke up this morning, I kept thinking November 6, why is that date significant, I have nothing going on today out of the ordinary, no bills due, and then when New Kid in Town started playing on my Pandora at work, I remembered, it's Glenn's birthday! It's hard to believe we're coming up on 4 years...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Miss you, Glenn! Cannot believe it's been over three years now.

This was on Facebook today...lots of nice comments. Someone mentioned that they didn't like the picture and I don't really either. He was much better looking than it shows.

https://www.facebook.com/TheCollegeO...ledge/?__xts__[

Last edited by Brooke; 11-06-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

@Brooke -- It's not my favorite pic either, but it's a telling one, IMHO. You can see the toll illness had taken on him, and if you look at his right hand, the arthritis is very visible. But the look on his face, I think, is one of a man who knows his time could be short, but he's determined to wrest everything he can from what he has left. I think it shows a great deal about Glenn that maybe only those closest to him saw. His whole posture is, "Go ahead and come after me. But you've got a hell of a fight on your hands." For that reason, even though it's not my favorite pic, I admire the man I see in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @Brooke -- It's not my favorite pic either, but it's a telling one, IMHO. You can see the toll illness had taken on him, and if you look at his right hand, the arthritis is very visible. But the look on his face, I think, is one of a man who knows his time could be short, but he's determined to wrest everything he can from what he has left. I think it shows a great deal about Glenn that maybe only those closest to him saw. His whole posture is, "Go ahead and come after me. But you've got a hell of a fight on your hands." For that reason, even though it's not my favorite pic, I admire the man I see in it.
    And that's exactly why I love this photo.

'Cause... you know... brainwaves.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    I, too, prefer the photos of Glenn when he was younger-like in his 20's. I have a really hard time watching later videos & interviews of him, hunched over, fingers curled and obviously in pain, like his Dan Patrick Show interview and even parts of HOE & the Melbourne concert video.
    I was the same with my Dad after he became ill with Parkinson's. I want to remember him as a vibrant man-ready to conquer the world.
    But that voice! I could listen to him all day! And today, I think I will.

Happy Birthday Glenn, you are truly missed. A legend with that voice that seemed so effortless, no gimmicks no tricks just pure talent. Listening to "new kid in town" 😢

Border Troubadour

Happy birthday Glenn. Still can't quite believe you are no longer around but I am so grateful for what you gave us over the years.