Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The German "American Idol"

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default The German "American Idol"

Deutschland sucht den Superstar - the German American Idol started a few weeks ago, it's the 5th season. Last weekend the last 10 of 15 candidates were chosen, 5 by the viewer and 5 by the jury.
    Actually the show is not worth watching but this time one guy convinced at least half of Germany.
    Wow wow wow, this guy is amazing, great voice and a presence on stage... unbelievable. I really hope he wins the contest.

I thought I post the video here. Let me know what you think.

http://dsds-video.rtl.de/player.php?...NjA%3D&cat=212

Thanks for sharing this with us, EF.

I watched the video, and although I don't think he has an outstanding voice, he certainly put his heart and soul into the song, and performed convincingly. I don't understand German , but the judges certainly seem to love him, given the response of the audience and Thomas' emotional appearance.

The song itself grew on me, as the band and I were required to play it at a wedding towards the end of last year. I wasn't too keen on performing it initially, but I enjoy it's sentiment now.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Ummm... probably not an outstanding voice but he sounds great, IMO.
    I don't know what it is but he has something special in his voice and his performance touched me in some way. I saw him several times in the previous castings and thought it would be a shame if he wouldn't make it to the last 10 shows. Meanwhile he has a huge fanbase.
    Mind you there are not so many good singers out here in Germany. No one of the previous winners had any success outside of Germany. I'm curious if he's able to give a constantly good performance over the next 10 shows.

When I clicked on the link, it said "access denied."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Try this, Soda. I've read a lot in the internet today... people are wondering what he's doing in a show like this... He should be able to make it without this. But he needs to get more known and that's his chance. You must know one member of the jury is Dieter Bohlen, the much-hated producer of Germany. His songs are the worst. Do you remember Modern Talking? I know they had a song in the US-charts back then, You're My Heart, You're My Soul, oh boy, when I think about that...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vgiXBdfQ4CE

Another one, this is a song from one of the most sucessful singers, Xavier Naidoo:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PN6hfJPNLYk

This is my favorite girl.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUr58MgQUWI

I'm at home now and watching the video again and again, can't get enough of him. Call me crazy but I know I'm not alone. I've read all the comments about his performance and almost everyone is thrilled and fascinated. I really don't know what it is... it's not only his voice, maybe his personality or whatever, even when he's talking. I could listen to him for hours. He talked about his life, he's out of work and sees no alternative but win without having a plan B. People said the show was a little bit boring but then he came out and everything changed. He's completely different than all the other candidates. Maybe this is what makes him so favored, I don't know.

Thanks - those worked for me. This guy's voice has a rough appeal - I like it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree Soda - I think he sounds a little like Chad Kroeger from Nickelback.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hmmm... need to listen to Nickelback.

Damned, the videos are removed from youtube, due to copyright violations or so. But... I have another link for those who want to check him out.
    People say he looks like Ville Valo...

I'm in love and can't wait for Saturday to watch him again.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3617965