Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The German "American Idol"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - those are great, EF. Although it wouldn't let me view the Clip Fish stream, the other two were fine. He really is very talented - he almost brought tears to my eyes with that performance. I'll be rooting for him to win, too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I too hope that he wins EF! He has certainly captured so many hearts!!

Good Luck Thomas
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Oh yes Ga, he has.

Today he stopped by in his hometown... for a little concert. We could listen to it on the website of the radio station. OMG, you can't imagine what was going on there... almost 6000 people came to see him. He was totally overwhelmed with emotion when he saw the crowd. When he finished he gave autographs and sadly they had to stop this because the crowd went crazy and many people fainted.

Here are photos so you can see that.

http://www.recklinghaeuser-zeitung.d...&pos=0#picture

Just to give you a little impression what was going on yesterday. In case anyone is interested to see it. The other 3 singers of the contest were also doing a mini concert I've read not more than 500 hundred people were there. That's a difference, eh?

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4070907/Thomas_Godoj

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, EF! That is amazing! One very popular guy!

When is the finale?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke, the final show is on May 17 and I can't wait.

But for now I wanted to tell you a little bit from last Saturday...

Wow wow wow, it was awesome!!! I have been to a TV show for the first time and it really was interesting. The TV studio was smaller as I thought and we had great seats right behind Thomas' parents and his friends. We had a long green sign with "Thomas, you don't need a plan B", in german of course which we all hold up together. At the beginning Thomas was asked what his plan would be in case he doesn't make it in the top 15. And he said he doesn't have one.

His performance was great as always, the first song was Wonderwall from
    Oasis and the second one Mensch from Herbert Grönemeyer, one of the most successful singers here in Germany. Actually I don't like the song but Thomas' performance was fantastic! He put his own stamp on it, as always. Absolutely great.

As I told you before many members of our forum were involved making a fan letter, which reached a length of 230 m !!! Two of our girls attached letter by letter and put it into a big folder, with Thomas pictures on the cover. It looked so cool.

We had an appointment with a TV team which wanted to film the delivery.
    So after the show we came together on one side of the stage and were waiting for Thomas. A guy from the TV team told us we should call out for him because he was busy doing interviews so we did. After screaming 2 or 3 times he answered Yeeeeeeeees, I'm coming.
    Then he went across the stage, a camera in front of him, he saw us, wearing our shirts and knew these are my girls from the Thomas-Godoj-Community. He saw the folder, and made a face as he couldn't believe it, then he opened the folder, flipped through the pages, grabbed the first letter, went back across the stage to the other side, still holding the first letter in his hand. Wow, what a great moment...
    Then he came back to us, still looking down at all the letters, looked at us and we started clapping. Oh my god, he was so moved to tears, he couldn't believe it. We all had trouble not to cry.
    Then he hugged and kissed Rike, the girl who gave him the folder, we all standing around them... aaaaah, it was wonderful.

As I told you he knows us meanwhile and his ex-girlfriend is also a member of our forum and a friend of him. When he wants to say something to us he says it to Jenni and she passes the message to us. Yesterday he let us know he's so happy that we did that for him so he wanted to give away 5 tickets for us for the next show on Saturday and these tickets should go to members, who haven't the chance to come to a show so far. Awwwww, what a great guy...

Here's a little video, which one of our members filmed while he was coming back from the other side of the stage. We are whispering: he's coming, he's coming and he said: Folks, I love you all and you are crazy. You can see the fan letters on the bottom.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...rgarten034.flv

A couple of photos...

Me and 3 other girls from our forum

and Tom

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh wow, EF! That's just wonderful! What a sweet bunch of girls you all are!

Great pics of you all and Tom, too.

Best of luck to Tom!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Awwww Brooke, please keep your fingers crossed for Tom, he really deserves to win! It's not only his voice but the whole package, if you know what I mean. Humble, authentic, a lovely guy. And not to forget easy on the eyes. Like Keith in some way.

Speaking of Keith... are you still and and ?

Yes, I had a wonderful time with these girls. These three live in Hamburg and the other girl who is not on the photo lives in my hometown Bremen, that's cool. We definitely want to meet up again, maybe for shopping or a barbecue. And of course we go together to the final show.

Thanks for posting. What a sweet guy! You are your friends look very cute in your T-shirts.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten