Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The German "American Idol"

Congratulations to Thomas, EF, and good luck for the final!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

WOW, EF! I've missed so much in this thread!

I've just spent the last few minutes catching up with everything, and I'm so happy for you! You and your Thomas fan forum friends have put so much effort into supporting him and it's wonderful that he acknowledges all of you so humbly. That is the greatest reward of all - acknowledgement from your superstar. Reminds me of a certain moment I had recently with a certain Mr Frey...

It's fantastic for Thomas that he's in the final - I'm pretty certain that he's going to be Germany's next Idol, given the number of fans he has, and the judges' enthusiasm for him!

All the photos you posted are also wonderful. Thomas is a lovely young man. And you are looking very cool, girlfriend!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Thanks for your wishes for Thomas. He really would appreciate it and certainly wouldn't believe that I make promotion for him all over the world.

The songs he's going to perform next Saturday are:

Fairytale Gone Bad - Sunrise Avenue (which put him into the next round)

Chasing Cars - Snow Petrol (one of his best performance)

and finally his winner song (hopefully ) from we only know the title: Love Is You. That's not correct english, isn't it? Can someone help?

The title in English makes sense to me, EF.

Ah, ok MF.

Here are the news of today... We've been listening to Thomas' final song, but only for seconds. From what we've heard it sounds great, a rock ballade.

But the amazing thing is... no one has heard the entire song, Amazon already has the CD on their list, without his name, because they don't know the winner, but the record company listed it on their website with his name. Meanwhile they removed it.

But they couldn't stop it ... the number of pre-sales are going higher and higher and higher, he's on # 8 today, only albums on # 1-7, so you can say he's on top with the song. Release date is next Friday May 23 and he will be on # 1 before the song is coming out officially. That never happens in Germany before.

Jenny, his ex girlfriend called him today and told him the news. He couldn't believe it and said: I'm dying. Noooooooo Tom, better not.

Edited: Pre-sales pushed him on # 3.

Well, it certainly seems as though whether Thomas wins or not, there is an overwhelming demand for his version of the song.

In South Africa's "Idols" competition last year, the votes for the two finalists (both ladies) were so close that both versions of the official Idols song were released, although only the winner's version was played on the radio.

That's a shame if both versions were good, MF. I'm curious if our radio stations will play the winner's song. Usually most of them refused to play these songs only because it's from a contest show.

I have no idea who will win tomorrow. Thomas has a huge fanbase as well as the other guy Fady. I think more little girls will vote for Fady because he's sweet as sugar. Mostly the stage is full of schmaltz when he's singing. Completely different from Thomas who is more the rocker. His fanbase is more adult, but we know the little girls will vote as crazy no matter if Fady sings good or not
    Actually it doesn't matter whether Thomas wins or not, he will go his way but we WANT to see him win!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool news for Thomas, EF. I hope he wins, but you are right about the younger set voting more than the older set. But anyway, it sounds like he will be successful whether he wins or not!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

OMG ladies, I had the time of my life yesterday I think I don't need to tell you who the winner is.... THOMAS GODOJ

I can't tell every detail but I don't think you want to know it but it was just great, I'm still thomatisiert, in english thomatisized or so.
    His performance of all three songs was fantastic and the crowd were screaming and clapping every time when his name was mentioned during the show. You can't imagine what was going on when the host announced the winner. He couldn't believe it, I will never forget the expression of his face. Then all his friends climbed on stage... it was pure chaos. You couldn't see him anymore there. After a while he appeared among his friends and he cried and we fans hugged each other and cried as well. What an emotional moment...
    I watched the show today again because all of the close-ups which I couldn't see. I must say I cried again. He so deserved to win this thing.

For those, who want to watch the videos here are the links:

Fairytale Gone Bad
    http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?vi...fDIzNTk5MzE%3D

Chasing Cars
    http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?vi...fDIzNjAwNTM%3D

And his first single, Love Is You which I really love to death, it fits him perfect.
    http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?vi...fDIzNjAxNTc%3D

And the moment of his life... I know you don't understand one word, the host is talking a little bit about their lifes before, but look at that face...
    http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4216718/...r_Entscheidung

Now I'm crying againafter watching this

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

EF I am so delighted for you that Thomas won!
    This is so fantastic. I am sure you are all so proud of him. And how nice he is to his fans. I'm sure he really appreciated all your support.

WELL DONE THOMAS!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP