Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starstruck

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: Starstruck

I got to see Raincross Drive again last week at a free outdoor concert.
    The week before that, I was having drinks with my friend Ralph, the keyboard player and his cousin, my bestie , Debby.. He opened up a bit about Kelly and his relationship with Glenn. Ralph said that Glenn was so kind to Kelly and complimented him on his talent quite often. They pretty much grew up together in Detroit.
    I caught this medley on video. Sorry the video isn't that great, but the sound isn't too bad. Kelly does the sound set up for them, so of course, it's good.
    https://youtu.be/GHzx3SMGxeA
    If you can't open it let me know. I put it on YouTube as private, but will temporarily change it so y'all can see/hear it.
    I might go see them play again next Friday.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad you were able to see another concert, MJ. I tried to view your video, but it is showing as private.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Glad you were able to see another concert, MJ. I tried to view your video, but it is showing as private.

I just changed it to public...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thank you so much for sharing the info and videos with us, MJ. It is amazing how much Kelly's expressions and mannerisms mirrors Glenn.

BTW - I was thinking that this thread should be moved to Glenn's forum. Is it okay with you if I move it?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing the info and videos with us, MJ. It is amazing how much Kelly's expressions and mannerisms mirrors Glenn.

BTW - I was thinking that this thread should be moved to Glenn's forum. Is it okay with you if I move it?
    Sure!

Listening to Kelly sing TITTL is really interesting. I'll bet he and Glenn would have sounded wonderful harmonizing together. He sounds much more like Glenn than Deacon does. Deacon has a really good singing voice, but he doesn't sound like his dad at all, to my ears anyway. Kelly also looks more like Glenn than any of the kids do, which is weird, but does happen. I mean, I see a family resemblance with the kids now and then, but Kelly has the same facial angles. He looks enough like Glenn to be a brother.
    From the good folks at Ancestry, Kelly's mom was Virginia, who was 2 years or so younger than Nellie, Glenn's mom. She married in 1950, so it's a safe bet that Kelly was born after then. She died in 1992.
    Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed watching it.
    PS: Raincross Drive does have a Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Listening to Kelly sing TITTL is really interesting. I'll bet he and Glenn would have sounded wonderful harmonizing together. He sounds much more like Glenn than Deacon does. Deacon has a really good singing voice, but he doesn't sound like his dad at all, to my ears anyway. Kelly also looks more like Glenn than any of the kids do, which is weird, but does happen. I mean, I see a family resemblance with the kids now and then, but Kelly has the same facial angles. He looks enough like Glenn to be a brother.
    From the good folks at Ancestry, Kelly's mom was Virginia, who was 2 years or so younger than Nellie, Glenn's mom. She married in 1950, so it's a safe bet that Kelly was born after then. She died in 1992.
    Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed watching it.
    PS: Raincross Drive does have a Facebook page.
    Both Glenn & Kelly have that Midwest/Michigan accent. Deacon does not, so that's why he doesn't sound like them. My late ex-husband, a musician, was from the Midwest and he sounded a lot like Glenn. Especially when he sang TIE & PEF. I came back to California with it after living in Minnesota for 10 years. I've lost it now, though, and have my California girl voice back.
    Yes, Raincross Drive has a FB page, but Kelly does not.

I was really talking more about the actual singing voice, where the accent isn't much of an issue. Deacon's singing voice is in a naturally lower register and the timbre is different. Kelly's voice is much more like Glenn's in register and timbre. Deacon is a very good singer, but his voice just doesn't sound at all like Glenn, except maybe in his attack on certain phrases. Deacon has more of a Southern rock voice than Glenn did. I'd never mistake one for the other. With Kelly, hearing him sing TTITL is enough like Glenn to make me wonder if it was an alternate recording.

Here is a song by Kelly called An Eagle Once Flew!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NStw...t=RDMM&index=1
    This song is from his 2020 EP called Rosewood and Coffee. Also, he has a collection from 2007 called Westgate. These available on Apple Music, etc. You can sample parts of the songs. I don't have an account, and frankly, don't know how to stream, download, or whatever. Skimming briefly, I really liked the romantic November Leaves. I've got to learn this new tech stuff!
    I had found this some time ago and was going to post, but couldn't find it again. All I can say is Kelly must not be interested in the fame aspect at this point. I don't know why he wouldn't have a website, facebook page, or even mention these on Raincross Drive's facebook. You can't even find these by googling Kelly. He is using Kelly E McGuire, since there's some other singer with the same name that comes up more often in searches.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

"Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."