Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
Thanks, MarthaJo! I also enjoyed them on YouTube, including a 24 min interview/musical set. Right up my country rock/singer-songwriter alley! I amused myself noting some of Kelly's facial expressions and gestures reminiscent of Glenn. You have to give the guy credit for not mentioning his relationship.
He's very talented himself. He hasn't needed to ride on Glenn's coat tails. And he's doing what he loves.
It does my heart good because I see so many "relatives" do that.
For example, a friend of mine occasionally drums for Riki Hendrix, Jimi's cousin. Or so he says, I don't know if he is for sure, But he tries to profit on the last name. It just pisses me off. Our region (Southern California's Inland Empire) is very proud of the musicians that got their start here, but it's the guys like that just irritate the crap out of me. Especially if they aren't that good.
Then there is my late friend, Steve McLemore. He was an excellent bass player, played locally. His brother is Lamont McLemore of the 5th Dimension. Steve was offered to tour with them, but didn't read music well, so he wasn't hired. Still, Steve was proud of his brother and lived a good life. He was "famous" locally and that was good enough for him.