Today, I went to a get together/fundraiser sponsored by a local Facebook group that I belong to. Most of us are old friends.
A local trio played at the intimate event and was great fun. A friend of mine is the keyboard player. They played mostly early 70's soft rock, including our Eagles, America, Peter Frampton, Three Dog Night.etc. Their vocals & harmonies were beautiful and I kept wondering why I hadn't gone & seen them sooner.
Afterwards, I went & talked to my friend and thanked him for playing and told him I especially loved that they played Eagles songs. Come to find out, the bassist/percussionist is Glenn's cousin!!!!!
I've rubbed elbows with a lot of famous people, from TV & movie & rock stars to politicians. But I have NEVER, EVER been more starstruck than I was to be there today with Glenn's cousin. He & his wife, who it turns out I did theater with a few years ago, live a couple of towns over. He's a really sweet guy and endured my stuttering & stammering and fan-girl giddyness when I was talking to him and got this photo-op with him. I can't even tell you what I said to him, except we did talk about how long we've lived here and small talk like that.