Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starstruck

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Starstruck

Thanks so much for posting these links, FF. I'm guessing An Eagle Once Flew is a tribute to Glenn. Both songs are beautiful.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

MarthaJo, did you see Kelly play any of these songs? I know they're not his band songs, but thought he might throw one or two in. I'd love to hear how he intro'd An Eagle Once Flew.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I don't recall him playing them.
    They are having a concert again this coming Saturday, so I will see if he plays any of his own stuff.

And like I've said, Kelly is very private. He's opened up very little, even to his bandmates.
    Last edited by MarthaJo56; 07-13-2021 at 05:35 PM.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

[QUOTE=FreyFollower;398336]Here is a song by Kelly called An Eagle Once Flew!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NStw...t=RDMM&index=1
    This song is from his 2020 EP called Rosewood and Coffee. Also, he has a collection from 2007 called Westgate. These available on Apple Music, etc. You can sample parts of the songs. I don't have an account, and frankly, don't know how to stream, download, or whatever. Skimming briefly, I really liked the romantic November Leaves. I've got to learn this new tech stuff!
    I had found this some time ago and was going to post, but couldn't find it again. All I can say is Kelly must not be interested in the fame aspect at this point. I don't know why he wouldn't have a website, facebook page, or even mention these on Raincross Drive's facebook. You can't even find these by googling Kelly. He is using Kelly E McGuire, since there's some other singer with the same name that comes up more often in searches.[/QUOTE
    He is known in our area simply as Kelly from Raincross Drive etc. a husband, a dad and a talented musician. So, in that respect, he is famous.
    Yeah. Maybe he could ride on Glenn's coat tails, but he's not like that at all.

Thanks again for the info and your insight, MJ. We're always interested on whatever info you can share about Kelly and his band.

Here is a little video from last time we saw Raincross Drive. The video quality isn't great, but the sound is good for the most part. They're playing again a week from tomorrow.
    Hmm...I think I'm becoming their groupie!

https://youtu.be/Xkz-xj4mA6M

Thanks, MarthaJo! I smile when I see facial expressions or body language from Kelly that remind me of Glenn. He also seems to have the family wit!
    While of course, I enjoy their Eagles numbers, I also appreciate their covers of lesser-known acts I enjoyed, such as Orleans and England Dan (Dan Seals) and John Ford Coley.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Thanks, MarthaJo! I smile when I see facial expressions or body language from Kelly that remind me of Glenn. He also seems to have the family wit!
    While of course, I enjoy their Eagles numbers, I also appreciate their covers of lesser-known acts I enjoyed, such as Orleans and England Dan (Dan Seals) and John Ford Coley.
    They are playing again next Tuesday at the same venue. And of course, we are going.

Thanks again for the new video, MJ. Love it and I agree with everything that FF said.

My Kevin & I went to see Raincross Drive for the last time tonight before we move. They were so great, as usual. Kelly was very and friendly and not his usual shy self. He actually came over to talk to us and volunteered to take a selfie with me. I'm still such a fan girl!!
    I'll
    miss going and seeing them, but if we must, we'll make the 3 and half hour drive to see them again.

lastnightwithKellyMcG.jpg