Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starstruck

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Starstruck

Today, I went to a get together/fundraiser sponsored by a local Facebook group that I belong to. Most of us are old friends.
    A local trio played at the intimate event and was great fun. A friend of mine is the keyboard player. They played mostly early 70's soft rock, including our Eagles, America, Peter Frampton, Three Dog Night.etc. Their vocals & harmonies were beautiful and I kept wondering why I hadn't gone & seen them sooner.
    Afterwards, I went & talked to my friend and thanked him for playing and told him I especially loved that they played Eagles songs. Come to find out, the bassist/percussionist is Glenn's cousin!!!!!
    I've rubbed elbows with a lot of famous people, from TV & movie & rock stars to politicians. But I have NEVER, EVER been more starstruck than I was to be there today with Glenn's cousin. He & his wife, who it turns out I did theater with a few years ago, live a couple of towns over. He's a really sweet guy and endured my stuttering & stammering and fan-girl giddyness when I was talking to him and got this photo-op with him. I can't even tell you what I said to him, except we did talk about how long we've lived here and small talk like that.

Default Re: Starstruck

Wow, Martha! How cool is that!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Wow, Martha! How cool is that!
    I know, right??? I'm still reeling from it. Now I've got to see them next month down in south Orange County where my brother lives. I"m their new groupie---well, fan

How exciting! That's just wonderful! So happy for you!😊

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

WOW! MarthaJo - That is awesome. I know you must have been giddy. I'm betting that he is related to Glenn on his mother's side because he actually bears a little resemblance to Glenn and his mother. Did he go into detail about how he is related?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    WOW! MarthaJo - That is awesome. I know you must have been giddy. I'm betting that he is related to Glenn on his mother's side because he actually bears a little resemblance to Glenn and his mother. Did he go into detail about how he is related?
    Yes. They are cousins on his mom's side. His last name is McGuire. He has a beautiful voice--the whole band harmonizes so well. I kept waiting to hear "Seven Bridges Road". They did do TITL & Best of My Love.

Very cool!

That's great, MarthaJo! I would have a hard time resisting the urge to pump him with questions! I wonder how he may be related to GlennsCuz who posted here a few times. She said that Glenn stopped at her family's home in Fresno on his initial trip to LA. It's really a small world...I just found out a lady I have worked with for years and I share a 3x great grandmother!

What was the name of Mr. McGuire's band? Did he sing lead?
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    That's great, MarthaJo! I would have a hard time resisting the urge to pump him with questions! I wonder how he may be related to GlennsCuz who posted here a few times. She said that Glenn stopped at her family's home in Fresno on his initial trip to LA. It's really a small world...I just found out a lady I have worked with for years and I share a 3x great grandmother!

What was the name of Mr. McGuire's band? Did he sing lead?
    I was kinda stumbling over myself and think I was gushing. I think I said several times that I was so excited to meet him and and that I was in the presence of royalty. I also think I may have embarrassed him. But I hope not.

The band is called Raincross Drive. The Raincross is the symbol of our town. My friend Ralph is the keyboard player and they all 3 sing lead on certain songs & great harmonies. Ralph is in 2 other bands, so I could never keep up with which band he plays with at any given time. But I had to go to this event yesterday because their reputation preceded them. Everyone I know talks about how great they are---and they are!!! The band has a Facebook page, but Kelly does not.

Thanks, MarthaJo! I also enjoyed them on YouTube, including a 24 min interview/musical set. Right up my country rock/singer-songwriter alley! I amused myself noting some of Kelly's facial expressions and gestures reminiscent of Glenn. You have to give the guy credit for not mentioning his relationship.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."