Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dean Turner Art: Eagles VIP Room

Default Re: Dean Turner Art: Eagles VIP Room

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Very cool! Although yeah, it does seem a bit odd that you can't hardly make out the former Eagles and Timothy! Love seeing all of the other musicians in there, though. Thanks for sharing this, CAinOH!
    I agree with you! I think the former Eagles and Timothy should have been at the table (for a game of Eagles Poker). Thank you for sharing CAinOH.
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!

Cool picture but why does Don H have his 90s hair when everyone else is in their 70s style?

Randy, Don F and Bernie being in the background is kind of odd but they are in good company with CN&S. Not too shabby. That does not look like Timothy to me, his likeness could have been better.

Only thing missing are the lines of coke, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    WalshFan88, I agree, Glenn and Joe, I believe were close, I think that added to tensions in band back in the day. To me you can see when they played together on stage they seemed to gel and you can see/feel the friendship. I remember an interview with Joe where he said (paraphrasing) that he wasn’t sure those first few years if Don (Henley) actually liked him. But now, he knows he likes him.
    I don’t know how close Glenn and Joe were back in that era. Glenn has said in 80s interviews that dealing with the guitar players was problematic, that was the source of a lot of the tension then. It was the bass players, he said, that didn’t didn’t cause any trouble.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Cool picture but why does Don H have his 90s hair when everyone else is in their 70s style?
    Speculation: the images are taken from photographs. Maybe he was having a hard time finding a photograph of Don from the 70s laughing and chilling? I mean, we hardcores could find one, but he might not have had the time to do that kind of digging! lol

The other possibility is that he didn't realize that his Don Henley was not 70s Don Henley, but that would be a big oopsie!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Here's where Stevie Nicks and John McVie were taken from - Christine and Mick as well, although just their heads:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I agree about the folks that should be there, but I don't recall any associations with Carole King. Maybe someone can fill me in.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Speculation: the images are taken from photographs. Maybe he was having a hard time finding a photograph of Don from the 70s laughing and chilling? I mean, we hardcores could find one, but he might not have had the time to do that kind of digging! lol

The other possibility is that he didn't realize that his Don Henley was not 70s Don Henley, but that would be a big oopsie!
    Yeah, I’m inclined to believe it’s probably the latter. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I agree about the folks that should be there, but I don't recall any associations with Carole King. Maybe someone can fill me in.
    I’m not recalling any right offhand either. Probably should have been Joni Mitchell instead.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    It's not a particularly strong association, but Mr. Felder discussed it in his book: the Eagles knew Carole King and her then boyfriend (mid-70s), who was a really strange guy. Anyway, the boyfriend made some nice Western-style coats and belts for the band. Carole wrote in her autobiography that he was abusive to her. He later died in her house.

I also vaguely remember Don F talking about attending a party at Ms. King's house. All the Eagles were there.

By the way, if you download the image, it makes a nice desktop background.

The picture of Don in the picture is of 80s Don, BTPB era. I was also wondering why they had a 80s Don and not a 70s Don. Looks very out of place.

I kinda agree. That doesn't look like Timothy. Other than those boo boos, I like the picture.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley