Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eagles 2020 tour

Default Re: Eagles 2020 tour

Ya the pic of Glenn and Deacon is so sweet. Not that I have been to many concerts, but I never seen anything like it as far as security goes. I have some more pics i will post have to transfer from phone and weed out the so-so ones. I forgot to mention at the end when they say their goodbyes and wave to audience, as Joe came to our side to exit the stage, I was jumping up and down yelling "JOE" and he began to jump up and down too while waving with both hands. I would like to think it was just for me 😉 but probably wishful thinking! Ha! Ha! I tried taking a shot while it was happening but it was a blur because my husband nudged me saying come on lets go😑 I couldn't believe it!! (Jealous) ha ha. That moment is burned in my memory. Wish I was going tonight. Have fun TopKat!

KW, so happy for you and so excited for your first Eagles concert! Thanks for sharing your experience and your photos! 👍 LOVE seeing the guys doing what they love and getting all the love in return! 💖

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Thanks LuvTim! Here is a few mores. Once again coming sideways. Sorry!

Awesome! And good for you that you had the courage to try for the photos! I saw them the year before Glenn passed away, but I was too scared to get my phone out! I wish I had some candids from that concert.
    I love and respect Don Henley, truly, but I can't really say I love the "no photos" policy.
    Anyway, thanks again for sharing! ​💗

So I was able to snag some last minute not-too-expensive tickets and saw them last night at Toyota Center in Houston!!

I’d been watching ticket prices over the last week or so and noticed they were dropping. The show was pretty much sold out Friday night, and it would have been hard to go anyway then because I was really tired after a long, busy week. But luckily there were still some available for Saturday night.

The concert was awesome. The guys seemed much more “on” than when I saw them last time, especially Don. He was more energetic and in the moment singing his leads. He said the music was Glenn’s legacy and talked about Deacon having big shoes to fill. He also made a joke thanking the audience for risking their lives coming to the concert. He said something after that but some drunk loudmouth behind us was yelling and I couldn’t hear what Don said. He was referring to the Coronavirus, I believe.

Deacon sounded better than ever, and looked really moved by all the applause he was receiving. He said the audience reaction helps him a lot. Vince got to play a couple of leads, including on TIE. His backing vocals behind Don on Boys of Summer were great - they really sounded good together. He hardly spoke during the show.

Joe and Timothy were wonderful and did their usual routines engaging the audience. Steuart played well. Security was super vigilant about videos. I’ll be surprised if any footage shows up from last night, but who knows. Anyway, I’m really glad I went.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Wow, D, so glad you snagged those tickets!! 💖

I'm so happy for you Delilah! That's fantastic! Sometimes you never know last minute and such! Thanks for sharing

Border Rebel

That's awesome that you got to go, Delilah! It sounds like you had a great time, drunk loudmouth notwithstanding...

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Glad you got to see them Delilah. I saw Don Henley in Little Rock on the same day as Trump's inauguration and when he first came out he thanked everyone for coming out to get a break from the world that has gone "Batsh*&t Crazy!"

Pretty sure it has become "sh*&tier and crazier" since then!

Was wondering if concert attendance will start to drop now as well with the increased risks of travel and being in large crowds.

I did see one guy in the crowd at the Atlanta Eagle's concert last month wearing a face mask. Interestingly, the woman he was with was not wearing one. I wasn't sure what to make of that!

Luckily for us, the drunk loudmouth at our concert wasn't within sight or hearing distance of us. (But I know he was there - he is always there at every concert - unfortunately!)

Hopefully next year this time the world will have a little more sanity and we can all be a little more optimistic.