Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Former Eagles Songs

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Former Eagles Songs

Try And Love Again

While I'm a bit bored of TITTL, TALA is an underrated song and I love it. I think it's worthy of the win, although I'm not holding much hope!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Rebel

Take It To The Limit, for the win.

Stuck on the Border

Try And Love Again for the win ! Austin, I agree, this is probably the most unrated song on the HC album. I love the song - Randy at his best !

Kicking myself for missing the last round! I couldn't decide and was going to vote yesterday, but got so busy at work I forgot entirely!

I vote for Take It to the Limit for the win. I love TALA, but TITTL is such a classic.

I'm voting for Try and Love Again ​for the win. I really was never a fan of both songs, but if I could choose which song I would play over and over again, I would choose Try and Love Again. Try and Love Again has really grown on me.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I missed the last round, too, though my vote would not have made a difference.

I adore TALA- the vocals, the guitars, the solo, just everything about it. But TITTL is truly a standout track in the Eagles catalog, with inspirational lyrics that are well-known and often quoted. Keith Urban can break out into the song in concert, and everyone in the audience will sing along. The title itself has pretty much become a part of contemporary lexicon, just like “Life in the Fast Lane.” How many song titles out there have led to movies adopting the same?

And the vocals- wow. This is not an easy song to sing, even without the high notes at the end, but Randy pulls it off.

Even though I love both songs, I choose the one that has become a classic.

Take It To the Limit
    for the win!!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have to agree with Delilah. I love Try and Love Again - I agree that it is underrated and am glad it made it to the final round. BUT. IMO, it's no contest about which is the better song all around - vocals, music, harmony, melody, lyrics, arrangement and anything else you can throw in. For me, without question, Randy at his absolute best is ...

TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT

FOR THE WIN!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

I vote for Take It To The Limit for the win. I love TALA as well, I wish there were more versions of it out there. I would like to hear what Vince did with it, and what kind of reception the song got when it was first sung at the recent Hotel California concert(s).
    I think that had Randy not left the band, TALA would have become a staple of 1970's radio play today.

I remember hearing TITTL the first time in Junior High in the lunch room, thinking it sounded "Eagleish" but I did not recognize the singer. It became one of my instant 1970's favorites. I think it ranks as legendary along with OOTN and Hotel California.

Quote Originally Posted by Derk View Post
    I love TALA as well, I wish there were more versions of it out there. I would like to hear what Vince did with it
    Derk, you may want to check out some of the Eagles fan pages on Facebook. There are video clips of recent concerts that show Vince performing TALA.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Derk View Post
    I vote for Take It To The Limit for the win. I love TALA as well, I wish there were more versions of it out there. I would like to hear what Vince did with it, and what kind of reception the song got when it was first sung at the recent Hotel California concert(s).
    Hi Derk! I went to Msg 2/15. Vince did a fine job on TALA. The crowd was very energetic throughout and sang along for every song. It was great.The song got heavy praise in my opinion.

I love both songs....but vote Take it to the Limit
    for the win. Watching Capitol 77 as we speak.