Thread: Timothy to appear on new Carla Olson album on song “A Child’s Claim to Fame”

Default Timothy to appear on new Carla Olson album on song “A Child’s Claim to Fame”

Timothy has recorded a song with Carla Olson (former Gene Clark collaborator) for her new album to be released March 20. Someone please correct me but I believe this is the first time he’s recorded a duet with someone. The song is currently on SoundCloud (which is linked at the bottom of the article).

Schmit lends vocals to a new cover of the 1967 Buffalo Springfield tune “A Child’s Claim to Fame,” which was written and originally sung by Timothy’s former Poco band mate Richie Furay. The track also features Poco’s Rusty Young on dobro, banjo and acoustic guitar.

Carla says of working with Timothy, “Approaching [him] seemed awkward at first, because he’s such a big star. But he is so sweet, so kind, and so generous with his time.”
    “The Eagles’ Timothy B. Schmit among guest artists featured on new duets album by roots rocker Carla Olson” Real Rock News, KSHE 95, Feb. 10, 2020

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

[QUOTE=Delilah;391623]Timothy has recorded a song with Carla Olson (former Gene Clark collaborator) for her new album to be released March 20. Someone please correct me but I believe this is the first time he’s recorded a duet with someone. The song is currently on SoundCloud (which is linked at the bottom of the article).

"The Good Fight," with Timothy and Sheryl Crow was released in November, 2019. 😊
    Thanks for the heads up on the new collaboration! 👍

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Thank you so much for this news! It's big enough for its own thread, and I'm making it into one!

Edit: Done.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

[QUOTE=LuvTim;391637]
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Timothy has recorded a song with Carla Olson (former Gene Clark collaborator) for her new album to be released March 20. Someone please correct me but I believe this is the first time he’s recorded a duet with someone. The song is currently on SoundCloud (which is linked at the bottom of the article).

"The Good Fight," with Timothy and Sheryl Crow was released in November, 2019. 😊
    Thanks for the heads up on the new collaboration! 👍
    Oh yeah, that had slipped my mind, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thank you so much for this news! It's big enough for its own thread, and I'm making it into one!
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Edit: Done.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Timothy to appear on new Carla Olson album on song “A Child’s Claim to Fame”

Thanks for the info, Delilah. Wishing Carla much success with the album and looking forward to hearing her duet with Timothy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy to appear on new Carla Olson album on song “A Child’s Claim to Fame”

Good stuff!