Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles Huge News

Default Re: Eagles Huge News

I would love to see more classic footage. Was just talking about this the other day. I can't believe there isn't more around.... love to hear outakes, rough cuts "raw" stuff like the Beatles did with "let it be" naked. HOTE tour too! Anything! Behind the scenes footage, interviews etc. Restored nicely packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    I would love to see more classic footage. Was just talking about this the other day. I can't believe there isn't more around.... love to hear outakes, rough cuts "raw" stuff like the Beatles did with "let it be" naked. HOTE tour too! Anything! Behind the scenes footage, interviews etc. Restored nicely packaged.
    Exactly!!

The market for it is clearly there. Yet, Don is not interested. There has to be a reason too - because otherwise he'd take the money in a heartbeat. I'd love to know Don's reasoning on not doing it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Exactly!!

The market for it is clearly there. Yet, Don is not interested. There has to be a reason too - because otherwise he'd take the money in a heartbeat. I'd love to know Don's reasoning on not doing it.
    Me too!
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Me tooooooo!

I just don't get why they don't release more. They could make money and the fans would love it! And they have always recorded every show so you know it's available somewhere! Grrr!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I’m beginning to think there really isn’t anything left to release. It isn’t clear who owns the copyright to the bootleg footage out there so it might not be the band’s to release. There may be hope for the HOTE tour, because people have said someone was filming those concerts. But if Glenn didn’t want any of that released then I’m sure the band will honor his wishes.

Anyway, if it is a big announcement about a box set or DVD or retirement, it seems kind of random to use a Kansas City radio station to make it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I’m beginning to think there really isn’t anything left to release. It isn’t clear who owns the copyright to the bootleg footage out there so it might not be the band’s to release. There may be hope for the HOTE tour, because people have said someone was filming those concerts. But if Glenn didn’t want any of that released then I’m sure the band will honor his wishes.

Anyway, if it is a big announcement about a box set or DVD or retirement, it seems kind of random to use a Kansas City radio station to make it.
    Im pretty sure there is tons of footage that they have in their vault, i spoke with a guy who was one of glenns roadies during the 70s, and he recalls that they recorded the shows at MSG and La Forum in 1977, as well as wembley. May he be telling the truth or was he actually glenns friend? im not sure, we have spoken briefly, but with research and photos, i can say that the La forum concert in 1976, as well as a concert at the capital center in 1976 and wembley 1977 were recored. I say this, because in a photo that i found from the eagles performing at maryland in 1976, they had huge screens on the ceiling that were showing the eagles playing on stage, maybe this was for people at the higher seats, but it definitely showed them playing on that screen, which is evidence that they definitely recorded that concert in 1976, as for wembley 1977, that same night, Elton Jonh played with the eagles, i am not sure if he opened for them, or if the eagles opened for elton, but they played on the same night, and if you look online you can find eltons WHOLE concert on youtube filmed, which definitely gives me the idea that the eagles concert was recorded as well. and as for the la forum concert in 1976, deacon posted a pic on his instagram of a shot of the eagles playing lyin' eyes, from a view that looked like it was up on the higher levels, sort of where a camera would be recording a concert, the picture he posted did not look quite clear enough to be photo, rather a screenshot of a video, also in the picture that he posted when i looked at it more, i saw a cameraguy all the way off to the left of the stage recording them playing, so that gives more evidence of them playing at La forum 1976, and how do i know that it was the la forum, well i compared their outfits with other photos that i found that were labeled as them playing at the forum, so ya i definitely think that there is footage out there for henley to release, but i do not think he will ever release it. I have not found evidence of them playing at MSG, but i think that there is footage of them playing at the benefit concert for Jerry brown in 1979, because online when you look up the concert, there is a news coverage on the 1979 concert, which shows several clips from Linda Ronstadts concert, who opened for the eagles, so im pretty sure that the eagles concert was recorded.

I absolutely think there is more in the vault. It's not that they don't have it (just look at the HFO footage we got to briefly see on HOTE, that was as clear as day!).

I think it's a matter of they don't want to release it. It's very possible that Glenn didn't want it released, then I respect them for actually doing the right thing (in that case!). But to me it seems like Don is more funny about videos and tech and I think he's ultimately worried that it will cut into ticket sales. Or that he just doesn't want their wild days on film. I would love to know why. But I think it's a matter of them not wanting to, rather than the idea they don't have anything left in the archives. I don't buy that, even if they would come out and say that. I think HFO and LROOE/HOTE would be a given. 70s stuff is harder, sure.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Oh well, all it was the radio station is giving away a Fly-Away to see the Eagles concerts in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Sorry, to me that's not huge news. No retirement or Kansas City shows.
    Looking forward to the Dallas Show this Saturday.

Ya heard it..well enjoy Dallas! I'm sure you'll have a blast

Out on the Border

Thanks, looking forward to the show, and some of the sights of Dallas.