Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Huge News

Out on the Border

Default Eagles Huge News

Radio Station in Kansas City announced Friday(Feb. 21, 2020) that there will be "A Huge Eagles Announcement" on Thursday at 8:00 am. Wonder what this is about? Concert? Retirement?
    Anybody else hear anything about an announcement?

Default Re: Eagles Huge News

I'm intrigued...hey guessing maybe contest for concert tix? I don't know....I looked around haven't seen anything.....what station so we can tune in?

Well, Kansas City isn’t part of the tour currently, so maybe the announcement is that the Eagles are adding a KC date.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I can only hope it's some type of announcement about their retirement, maybe a new box set with extras, concert DVDs, or something from the archives but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still holding out hope for a LROOE or HOTE tour DVD, yet I'm not getting too excited.

Sometimes the media likes to blow things up to seem like such a big announcement, only for it to be deflating. If it's just a KC date announcement, I won't be shocked but I'll be disappointed. That's news, but not huge news. Now if they said tour news, I can understand why KC fans might get excited, but I'm hoping it's not some lame announcement.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

The radio station with the big news is 94.9 KCMO. Pretty sure it's going to be a concert announcement. Didn't think they were going to play Kansas City so we bought tickets for the Dallas concert for this weekend.

Thanks for the info jerseyboy!! I’ll be listening although nowhere near Kansas City love to hear what it is. Enjoy Dallas! NYC was great!. If it is a concert announcement which most likely it is, I wonder where they will squeeze it in?

To answer my own question...perhaps early May since joe is doing Kent state tribute. After that they are in Cabo. This is the only area of a stretch, unless it’s after U.K. but that doesn’t seem right. Either way tuning in that morning just to hear. I got it bad what can I say? 🤷🏻
    Last edited by KingWalsh; 02-25-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I can only hope it's some type of announcement about their retirement, maybe a new box set with extras, concert DVDs, or something from the archives but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still holding out hope for a LROOE or HOTE tour DVD, yet I'm not getting too excited.

Sometimes the media likes to blow things up to seem like such a big announcement, only for it to be deflating. If it's just a KC date announcement, I won't be shocked but I'll be disappointed. That's news, but not huge news. Now if they said tour news, I can understand why KC fans might get excited, but I'm hoping it's not some lame announcement.
    Oh my, Walsh Fan. I would have my order in yesterday for concert DVDs.
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!

Quote Originally Posted by lovemusic View Post
    Oh my, Walsh Fan. I would have my order in yesterday for concert DVDs.
    Right?! I mean if Don Henley wanted to A - make money from classic Eagles fans and B - slow down the bootleg/YouTube/etc thing all he has to do is start officially releasing more stuff from the archives.

As long as he isn't agreeing to do that, I don't feel too bad about bootlegs or YouTube videos. People clearly want this content, they are going to get it somehow. You can either play ball or get off the court, Don.

I'd be into Long Run era, HFO era, and LROOE/HOTE era footage especially. I think that there has to be more high quality footage. We saw a peak of it on HOTE. Although I would take ANY Eagles concerts from 1972-2016.

I'm not holding my breath, but I am crossing all my fingers and toes.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Right?! I mean if Don Henley wanted to A - make money from classic Eagles fans and B - slow down the bootleg/YouTube/etc thing all he has to do is start officially releasing more stuff from the archives.

As long as he isn't agreeing to do that, I don't feel too bad about bootlegs or YouTube videos. People clearly want this content, they are going to get it somehow. You can either play ball or get off the court, Don.

I'd be into Long Run era, HFO era, and LROOE/HOTE era footage especially. I think that there has to be more high quality footage. We saw a peak of it on HOTE. Although I would take ANY Eagles concerts from 1972-2016.

I'm not holding my breath, but I am crossing all my fingers and toes.
    Okay, I'll cross my eyes as well. Come on Don! Come on Irving!
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!