Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

It's so hard to stay positive, but I try. The next few months will be Hard second wave/flu season, who knows what else..Keep us posted GA. It's hard they keep adding states to restricted list for CT,NY,Nj. We are just above 1% positivity, and these first few weeks are ok so far in my town with kids in hybrid schooling.

I agree NKIT, tri state area stuck together and we are pretty good with mask wearing in the area. I wish all were so diligent. ELLe, sad to hear about "anti masks protests" in Utah. Stay safe. Everyone start stocking up, grab a box of tissues, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and such when at the stores. I believe supplies will start to dwindle again.

We just found out our spring semester will be like the fall. Masks, precautions, no holidays. Understandable, but discouraging.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

We have seen an uptick at work. I’m sure the Monday morning reports will reflect that. Please start stocking up folks. I’m thinking the state might change their mind on phase 3 starting in October. The town wants k-8 to go full time 4 days a week and high schools to Stay on hybrid starting Oct 5....idk. I am worried.

It seems like this is never-ending. They say in the news there will be a vaccine in 2021 and some return to normality in 2022, and while, if true, it is good to see this won't go on forever, thinking of 2 years of this is incredibly depressing. Hope you are all still safe and well.

There needs to be more guidelines in place and more restrictions. IMO, if you are caught breaking rules, first time is a warning and a small fine. Second time, a big fine. Third time, you're in a jail cell. Simple.

We haven't seen the worst of COVID yet. Some people keep being irresponsible and ruin any progress the rest of us have made. Or they just don't believe in it because Trump tells them not to. It's just sad.

I'll be the first to sign up for a vaccine if it is proven safe. Until then you can bet the farm that I will be wearing a mask, socially distancing, and limiting my interactions to the ones that are of upmost importance.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

My state is ready for the governor to open the state back up. They just don’t care. I pray that none of those haters don't get Covid19. They will sing another tune when they get it. I was at a gas station this afternoon and this guy was not 6 ft. apart. I'm so tired of people all over me.

To tell the truth. If my city wasn’t doing virtual school, the numbers would be very high. I think that’s the only reason our numbers have been low.

Also we found out last week that my grandmother got Covid19. She's doing great other than a cough and we pray it won't get bad.

This is stressing out my mother also on top of our air went out and our garage door couldn't open yesterday and we are down to one car since my car is stuck in the garage and my other car is in the shop.
    My county has been doing good with numbers. We’ve been going cases under 50.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Been a bit hit or miss on the board lately, but I wanted to just say that COVID is still tearing through the United States at alarming rates. The vaccine is being politicized by POTUS and therefore it's safety due to the fact it's being rushed to make him look good is really sketchy. If the experts ala Fauci, Birx, etc say it's safe, I'll be the first guy in line with my sleeve proudly raised. But if Trump is the only one saying run out there and get it, I'll wait and continue avoiding people and wearing a mask when I cannot do so. I still cannot fathom the lack of responsibility and the selfishness of some and the herd mentality that some have because someone told them so.

The fact that the President contracted CV just goes to show you it doesn't favor anyone of any party or allegiance. I was seriously hoping for it to affect him emotionally enough to turn course and take it more seriously and quit downplaying it, but unfortunately he's back to downplaying it and putting others at risk by wanting to have rallies as soon as this weekend. Of course that can't and won't happen, but the idea he's okay with it is just nuts. I didn't hold much hope that he'd change, but I guess I still walk away feeling disappointed. I think he deserved to know what people have gone through with this virus and while I wouldn't wish ill on him, I feel like he made his own bed and was forced to lie in it a little while. I'm okay with that. I just wish it changed his mind. He isn't even out of the dark area of CV yet, he's pumped up on steroids right now and has yet to clear the 7-10 day range where it is most dangerous. He may end up back in Walter Reed for all we know. I just hope that the same state of the art treatments he is getting are afforded to the poor people who haven't been as fortunate.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well said, Austin.

When I read it, I was reminded about when my brother's family had COVID back in the spring. They were forced to quarantine for almost two months because they had to treat themselves, and could not return to work until they tested negative, and they could only get tested weekly. And, comparatively speaking, they were fortunate because they didn't lose a huge amount of income while they were out of work.

I realize that POTUS, no matter who is in office, is afforded the best health care treatment available and that's the way it should be. However, since we, the taxpayers, are paying for their treatment, we are entitled to transparency and accountability. I haven't heard any updates on the First Lady's health at all since her diagnosis and the doctor's who are saying now that POTUS no longer has to quarantine won't even tell us if he has tested negative - which, of course, means he has not. This kind of self-indulgent and irresponsible behavior is beyond my comprehension for any citizen of this country, much less the president. Freakin' unbelievable!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well said, Austin.

When I read it, I was reminded about when my brother's family had COVID back in the spring. They were forced to quarantine for almost two months because they had to treat themselves, and could not return to work until they tested negative, and they could only get tested weekly. And, comparatively speaking, they were fortunate because they didn't lose a huge amount of income while they were out of work.

I realize that POTUS, no matter who is in office, is afforded the best health care treatment available and that's the way it should be. However, since we, the taxpayers, are paying for their treatment, we are entitled to transparency and accountability. I haven't heard any updates on the First Lady's health at all since her diagnosis and the doctor's who are saying now that POTUS no longer has to quarantine won't even tell us if he has tested negative - which, of course, means he has not. This kind of self-indulgent and irresponsible behavior is beyond my comprehension for any citizen of this country, much less the president. Freakin' unbelievable!
    Dreamer - I could not agree more. I just can't believe the doctors said he was ok to resume campaigning ! I would bet anything he did not test negative. I guess it was too much for me to expect him to tell people to wear a mask and abide by the CDC guidelines. I did hear Melania was "recovering". Anyone who attends one of his events needs their head examined. I am glad he is recovering but his behavior is even crazier than before he was sick. Very sad that our President has done nothing to combat the virus. I saw on the news last night he again said it would just disappear. He has not learned anything.

This upsets me. So many opportunities to unify. To lead. I cringed last night when I saw the crowd in PA at the rally. Why is this ok but concerts and such not? We have 2 positives and 7 questionables in house and CT is seeing a 2.4% positivity rate, highest since June I believe. I dread the next couple of months...please prove me wrong.