Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I have seen the narrative of the anti-vax crowd shift from "I'm not taking it because it's not FDA approved, there is no studies or approval yet!" to "well, there are other things that the FDA has approved that kill people, like Fentanyl, so I’m not taking it!". They keep moving the goalposts, now that the Pfizer shot is fully approved. It's just political and it shouldn't be.
    And that excuse holds no water anymore. The Pfizer vaccine has gotten full FDA approval.

So sorry to hear about your sister, Dreamer. Prayers and healing thoughts for all three of you.

How is everyone here doing? Me, I'm fine, physically... but I am tired. Tired of dealing with those who will not get vaccinated (we have one hold-out at work; won't even start with what I think of that situation). Tired of hearing about these governors and those who legislate no mask or vaccine mandates. (This coming from the "pro-life" party, right? If I hear another, "It's my body!" argument coming from one of them...) Ohio' state legislature is arguing about a no mask or vaccine mandate law. That is absolutely ridiculous. "We shouldn't have to wear a mask to go to a restaurant or a store!" Hey, I have an idea! Try going into either without a shirt or shoes! Ohio now has more people with covid in the hospital than before the vaccines were available. Ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    And that excuse holds no water anymore. The Pfizer vaccine has gotten full FDA approval.

So sorry to hear about your sister, Dreamer. Prayers and healing thoughts for all three of you.

How is everyone here doing? Me, I'm fine, physically... but I am tired. Tired of dealing with those who will not get vaccinated (we have one hold-out at work; won't even start with what I think of that situation). Tired of hearing about these governors and those who legislate no mask or vaccine mandates. (This coming from the "pro-life" party, right? If I hear another, "It's my body!" argument coming from one of them...) Ohio' state legislature is arguing about a no mask or vaccine mandate law. That is absolutely ridiculous. "We shouldn't have to wear a mask to go to a restaurant or a store!" Hey, I have an idea! Try going into either without a shirt or shoes! Ohio now has more people with covid in the hospital than before the vaccines were available. Ridiculous!
    They keep moving the goalposts. I mean Trump even said at his last rally to get the shot, and they booed him and then went back to chanting for him when he changed the topic. But he downplayed it originally, and that's how we are here. A little too little, a little too late. And yes it's the pro-life party. But I've always found that there sure are a lot of "pick and choose" religious/conservative folks out there. They pick and choose what parts of the Bible to "enforce" on others (anti-homosexuality as just one glaring example), while not caring that the last POTUS was a serial adulterer. They give passes to people who they think will push their agenda even if that person doesn't believe how they believe, as long as they will push the agenda as if they do, they don't care. I've always said - if you want to believe or not believe that's totally fine and your right and I fully support it. But I think it is NOT their right to tell others they must also follow the same Bible and morals and have legislators start creating laws based on Christian beliefs or any other religion. That's why it was so important for SCOTUS to change and allow gay marriage. Freedom of religion is also freedom to choose to be agnostic, atheist, etc. It's also freedom to be proud of your faith and share your beliefs and help people, but not force their hand if they don't feel the same way. Case in point, my dad is a believer in Christ and the afterlife. My mom and I aren't so sure now but we aren't firm atheists either. We all co-exist just fine and don't try to change one another. We don't talk about it all the time, but we don't have a problem doing so. But my dad will also be the first to tell you if you support the last President and think he was a God-fearing Christian, you need to re-read your bible and not be a hypocrite/pick and choose type. He also is pro-choice and believes that if it truly *is* wrong, let God himself be the one to punish that person when their time comes, it isn't up to you to do so and isn't your place. Love thy brother and sister sure have a lot of clauses and exemptions it sure seems these days. It drives people away from faith IMO. It's a lot more judgmental than it ever used to be, I'll say that. I come from a family where both sides had some that believed & some didn't.

I'm doing ok, I just had another trip down to St. Louis to Barnes to see neuro-ophthalmology, this time for an eye issue but since I had a brain scan on file down there with neurology and my choices were St. Louis or Chicago to get a specific retina test. I chose to go down there so I wouldn't need the brain MRI repeated that they would also need, just the retina/optic nerve tests. They tested ok and now I'm slated for cataract removal. I have early cataracts from years of steroid replacement for adrenal insufficiency. They are posterior subcapsular cataracts. My eyesight has become pretty bad over the last two years, but since I'm blind in one eye, before I went and had surgery for what we thought was a cataract issue, my eye doc down here wanted to rule out other pathology before putting me through a risky surgery. It was confirmed that I have no retina/optic nerve issue in my only seeing eye and that it is coming from the cataract, so now next month I go see a local cataract surgeon who comes highly recommended to have the surgery and hopefully I will come away with great eyesight. It's certainly daunting, but it's worsened to where the risk/benefit ratio is where I feel comfortable with proceeding.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Third full dose of Moderna is done and over with. Glad to have some peace of mind.

I qualified as "immunocompromised".
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Wishing the best walshfan. Did the third shot cause a reaction? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Wishing the best walshfan. Did the third shot cause a reaction? Just curious.
    Identical to second shot. Mostly upper GI symptoms of nausea and queasy sensation in the top of the stomach (which are unusual but a known presentation - usually means if that person were to get actual COVID, you would show stomach symptoms which is good to know) and a pounding headache the day after. I never vomited and I did take two tylenol for the headache before I tried to fall asleep last night which did let me sleep all night long. I did eat some peppermints as I tend to be one who suffers from periodic bouts of nausea anyway and it's something that helps that doesn't involve meds. Today is the third day and I feel completely fine with no after effects and no soreness at all.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 10-12-2021 at 08:28 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad you got your booster, Austin. With the help of my sister's oncologist, I was able to get the booster in early September. I was lucky and didn't experience any severe symptoms with any of my Pfizer vaccines other than sore arm and tiredness for a couple of days. However, the third shot was the easiest of all - only symptom was a sore arm for less than a day.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Dreamer I am sorry to hear about your sister. I will pray she makes a full recovery. Shes lucky to have a dedicated person like you as a carer.
    Edward, sorry too to hear about your father. I hope he too recovers well.
    After quite a low level we were supposed to relax the majority of the remainder of our restrictions tomorrow but over the last 2 weeks cases have gone up again to over 2000 per day. The government decided to stop contact tracing close contacts of primary school children and stopping then from restricting movements (staying at home for 2 weeks) if they were close contacts. BIG mistake IMHO.

As a result while we had hoped to be able to drop masks and social distancing it won't happen now until I think February.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks for the info Walshfan. Also I will have to remember peppermint, when I get nausea it's terrible! Glad it went somewhat ok. Was wondering, 2nd shot hit me hard, but I know it has to be done. I have a feeling they will require the booster soon at work, now that Moderna has the go ahead. CA, we had one that refused the vaccine in the lab, she was let go. I don't know why people do what they do. You are so right...people flipping out over a mask, but don't take issue with no shirt no shoes no service.

Hoping all are ok and we will eventually see an end to this..

I'm glad to see everyone here is doing ok. I got the J&J and I'm eligible for a booster, I have an appointment after Thanksgiving. I signed up for a Moderna booster, I didn't want another J&J (although it seems to be working, I haven't had covid) but I'm a little nervous about mixing them, even though the CDC says it's ok. I feel like we're all in a big science experiment (which I guess we are).

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good luck groupie with your vaccine booster. To some extent, I agree that we are in a science experiment. However, I also believe that it is a very low risk experiment because there is a whole lot more that the experts know than what they don't know. Since they already have the basic template for developing virus vaccines, they just have to 'tweek' them to ensure maximum efficacy for each specific virus. Overall, I believe we are very safe and in very good hands.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016