Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Corona Virus

Soda - I am relieved to hear your lungs are clear. However, I hope they can get to the bottom of your problems soon. Feel better, my friend.

And shun - Unfortunately, there are some people that are defiant just because. They either don't care or don't realize that are making the problem worse. IMO, the way the numbers are spiking in MS, your governor should have already shut the state back down and/or issued a stay-at-home order. The ease that this virus can spread affects our entire country, not just a locality, state, or even region. This is why we need a strong organized national response rather than leaving this up to governors and mayors to manage. That is how other countries successfully got this under control. We, here in the U.S. just continue to spin our wheels and are getting ourselves deeper and deeper into a hole. RANT OVER for now!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Soda, I hope the muscle-relaxants work. At least you know your lungs look ok.

Shun, good luck with the new job and hopefully your new colleagues will be more careful.

Here in the UK, we've now started on the face-covering debate. You may find this surprising so late. For months we were told there was no strong evidence to support wearing of face-masks and this makes it harder to accept the necessity of wearing one now when the infection rate is so much lower. The main message is still social-distancing. Masks are recommended for when you are unable to social-distance. When I walked through town last week, most people were not wearing masks but there was a lot of space. Despite news reports of crowded bars and streets, a recent survey suggested that only 20% of the population felt comfortable about eating indoors at a restaurant. I suspect that the majority of the population is still very cautious.

The numbers of cases and deaths still seem to be falling although there are outbreaks. The city of Leicester is still under lockdown but it looks like the outbreak in Merthyr Tydfil has been handled successfully (down from 170 to 3 new cases per 100,000). There's also a farm that is under lockdown after 73 migrant workers tested positive. No doubt, this is all intended to reassure us that outbreaks will be quickly identified and dealt with.

When I look at the US news, I feel quite scared but then I see how the same news sites give a misleading picture of what is happening in the UK. It's more newsworthy to report the failings that the successes. I don't mean that we should accept the glib reassurances of governments but we should ignore the headlines and they often don't reflect the tone of the underlying news article.

Stuck on the Border

Soda - I am glad to hear your lungs are ok. Having suffered many a pulled muscle myself, I can say they can take a long time to heal. And, half the time you do not even know what you did to suffer the pulled muscle. Keep taking the muscle relaxants and if you don't fell better soon go back. Hoping they work and you start feeling better.

Well, i just heard that someone at the WH leaked that the President wants to discredit Dr. Fauci because he will not go along with his thinking. Dreamer, I agree that we are seriously lacking leadership in confronting this virus. Thank God my Governor has been doing a wonderful job. Sounds like your Va. Governor has been right on top of things too. Everyone please stay safe and wear a mask.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Our state and NY are holding steady too. Gov. Murphy has also said he has no problem shutting things down if he has to. We are still in Phase 2 and the Gov. has not said when we will enter Phase 3. I heard on the news last night that a 30 year-old man died after attending a Covid 19 party in Texas. He thought the virus was a hoax. Everyone at the party got the virus. I don't know what it will take for some people to take this seriously. You would think after what they saw in NY & NJ in March and April that they would know it is no joke or hoax.

I cannot understand how anyone in their right mind can think that this virus is a hoax. It has infected practically every country on the globe! Even if you were living under a rock the last few months you could not miss it.

We had a bit of a spike in infections last week after the pubs (bars) reopened but we appear to have levelled off again. We are not allowed to travel outside Ireland for any non essential reasons, so many people have had to put their holidays on hold (again). There is concern that people are bringing it into the country so anyone who comes in (Irish people included) from other countries have to self isolate for 14 days after. Face masks are compulsory now on public transport and in Shopping Malls and grocery stores and are recommended in a lot of other places too. Most of the population is being compliant.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

So sorry Soda to hear your condition. Wishing you well!
    CT is doing well, we were at 0 patients last week were I work, but we have 5 now. Hoping it’s a hiccup.
    Unsure what will happen with school yet. It’s hard keeping kids occupied, I know things have reopened but you see ignorant people and I just can’t take the risk bringing them out and about. We went hiking and such, but normal summer activities are missed.
    everyone stay safe wear masks! Wear masks! Wear masks!!! Can’t say it enough!!

I'm thankful for all improving from this terrible disease.
    Soda, I'm so glad that you didn't have it. I hope you continue to get better. But I think it would be a good idea to get a thorough medical exam, detailing your family history. Plus, many conditions can have odd, seemingly unrelated symptoms.
    Covid is still raging here, and we have a mask mandate from the Governor. The couple next door, only around 40, both have Coronavirus, one suffering renal failure.
    I get so angry when I see film of people coughing, spitting, and even pulling a gun on someone asking them to wear a mask! How is this any different from other laws that restrict behavior for the common good? Such as don't jokingly yell FIRE! in a crowed building, or drive drunk?
    A local Dr. posted a video, saying, "If you think it's hard to breathe with a mask, it"s ALOT harder to breathe with Covid!"
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

One of the bosses in my office returned to work today after being out sick with the virus. My office is a door down. Poor guy. He still has a lingering cough. I really hope he's ok.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-22-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I hope everyone is staying safe. There was a recent increase in my area due to parties over the July 4th weekend and people traveling out of state. It feels like this will never end.

I hope you feel better soda!

Speaking of stupidity. This past weekend, their was a street basketball party and guess what. Nobody was wearing a mask. I'm just trying to figure out how the heck did they get permission to do that event. It had to be 50 or 100 people out there. This is the reason why my race has the highest cases and deaths. Just stupidity. Somebody in that crowd probably have the virus and spread it everybody they come in contact with them.

My county is seeing over a 100 cases a day and we are under a mask mandate. I just wish people would put their pride behind them and wear the damn mask. We could had ended this months ago and now its going to get worse before fall.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-22-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Now the WH is saying wear the masks, which the medical experts have said all along. People don't realize that Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx aren't some evil power couple created to set the world on fire or whatever conspiracy of the week is popular but rather they are doctors with an education and at least in the case of Anthony Fauci, have dedicated their lives to infectious disease and epidemiology and protecting people. He's served under 6 presidents for god sakes! I swear, the sooner we get off this roller coaster ride of an administration the better the country will be. We need a major reset button pushed for humanity's sake.

My mom is going back to school in 3 weeks and she's NOT thrilled. She's a district psychologist. She thinks it's a mistake. As do I, my dad, and the rest of our immediate family. It's scary to think she'll be put in contact with possible infected persons, and yes folks, kids CAN and DO carry COVID. They can and do die from it, too. Yes, most are asymptomatic and are just carriers, but I just read where a 9 year old died of COVID. 3 teenage girls in a county neighboring ours were diagnosed according to the health department. I'm very worried about her. My dad is retired. His health isn't well, he has type 2 diabetes and terrible osteoarthritis and he's immunocompromised just like I am. I have secondary adrenal insufficiency, asthma, and am on daily steroids. I also have type A blood. It's been shown in studies that type A people get infected most. Lovely. My dad is type AB, my mom is type O. I read A is worst, O is best with AB in the middle. I'm so worried about all of us but my mom is putting a "decontamination" room of sorts together in breezeway (it's in between the garage and the house) where she will change clothes, clean, etc before coming in the house each and every workday. It's a lot of work, but she's so worried about us. I'm worried about her. She's the healthy one out of us 3 for the most part, but she needs to stay that way. She does have fibromyalgia, but luckily handles it pretty well. Still, I worry so much about the exposure. It's just sad.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."