Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I honestly don't know. I'm going to set up a check up with my regular doctor tomorrow as a precaution and to have it documented in my medical records. (I didn't go to him when I was sick because I did everything they told me to do if I got it, and I started getting better a week after I tested positive).
    That's good you're going to see your regular doctor. ​Better safe than sorry.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Dreamer I am so sorry to hear of your cousins passing. Please send on my sympathy to your family. I hope 2022 is the year we finally kick the butt of the virus and that its deathly trail comes to an end.

Schools here have returned but not to full capacity and the atmosphere is nervous.

We had our highest daily amount of cases today at over 26,000.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks to everyone for your condolences on the loss of my cousin. I appreciate all of your kind words and thoughts.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

My condolences for your cousin, Dreamer.

Well, this was a surprise. After two vaccinations and a booster, I really didn't expect to get tested positive for Covid today. Maybe not all that surprised, since about everyone else in the office has tested positive (all vaccinated). If it weren't for Covid, I would swear I have strep throat, but the 100.1 degree temp sealed it.

Getting tested was a bit surreal. Ohio has the National Guard helping first responders. In this area (since tests aren't available anywhere), you drive to the old fairgrounds in Dayton, stay in the line of cars where the National Guard people help you fill out paperwork, pay the fee (since my doctor office wouldn't answer the damn phone so I could get a paper saying I need a test), then perform the test. It was all quite efficient and really didn't take long considering the length of the line... but the military presence made it a bit surreal.

I already feel better. My throat isn't nearly as sore. But, working from home at least for the next 4 days. Woo hoo... not.

So sorry to hear about your relative, Dreamer... this is still a deadly virus. "What doesn't kill you mutates and tries again."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    ... this is still a deadly virus. "What doesn't kill you mutates and tries again."
    CA - That quote is so true and that is what scares me. I'm sorry to hear that you contracted Covid, but hope you are okay now. Thank goodness you were vaccinated and boosted. It really does matter!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I made a doctor's appointment for both covid checkup, only to have it canceled because my doctor caught covid-19. I've got to wait a few weeks before I can see him again. I saw my allergist for a regular checkup last week, and he diagnosed me with a post covid sinus/upper respiratory infection. I still haven't fully recovered my sense of smell.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

So sorry for those who have lost people or who are themselves ill. Wishing good health to everyone!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Dreamer, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

AG95, I'm so glad you are doing better. Take care.

CA, I'm glad your symptoms are mild. Sounds like the vaccine is doing as it should to keep you from anything more than what you've experienced.

I can't believe there is so much fear around the vaccine still. It's sad how politicized it's become and that it's still being downplayed by certain groups of people. The vaccine works, it saves lives, and it is certainly safe. Unless you have a legitimate allergy to an ingredient in the vaccines, there is no reason not to get them. They prevent infection and if you have a rare breakthrough infection, they certainly will work to keep you out of the hospital and off of a ventilator in the ICU. Unfortunately, the more mutations away from the original strain, the vaccines will struggle to completely prevent infection, but will still help to avoid severe infection. Had everyone got the vax during the original variant, Delta and Omicron wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be having any breakthrough infections. I hope an updated vaccine from Pfizer and Moderna become available that covers both Delta and Omicron and additional boosting for the original variant. So I get a little perturbed when I hear people say breakthrough infections mean the vaccine doesn't work. 2 things. 1 - had everyone been vaxxed for the original variant that the vax was covering, it would have prevented breakthrough infections. 2 - it still works wonders for keeping you out of the hospital and giving you only mild symptoms. It would have been far worse if you hadn't been vaxxed. The lie about most people only having mild symptoms is a lie. It would have been much worse if they hadn't been vaxxed and those who haven't been all have worse symptoms than that. Sure, not all go to the hospital, but most if they are honest would say it's worse than any flu or cold they have ever had. If not, they have an agenda to try to keep you from the real story. Sadly, I know someone locally who almost died of COVID who is so in the pockets of a certain public figure he will tell you it's overhyped and overblown and it's "totally not that bad". Scary to think of the brainwashing to be so strong to make someone deny their own near-death experience. Just so scary.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm still not sure if I've fully recovered from Covid or if I'm going to have permanent issues/long covid. The fatigue and shortness of breathe is the worst. Some days I struggle just doing the normal daily stuff (work days are really rough). My heart has also been acting up. I take medicine for tachycardia, and covid has caused me to have more issues and chest angina. I have a regular check up with my cardiologist in a week, so hopefully, he'll run some tests or something. I haven't been able to reschedule my doctor's appointment yet, but I'm going to try to tomorrow.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time