Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Corona Virus

I am registered on four different sites. My GF got an apt. at the Meadowlands, which is an hour away. She is still going. She tried to register her husband right after she got her apt. and was kicked out of the site. They both have pre-ext. conditions.
    Dreamer, you are right this is VERY FRUSTRATING! If only it had been done right from the beginning maybe we would not be in this mess.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Well I had my second dose of Moderna Friday morning. I Never have had any reactions to a vaccine prior, so I didn't hesitate to get it even though I was scheduled to work 3 nights in a row afterwards. Well, friday, I just felt really tired (but I worked night before nothing new)t, but nothing crazy until about 9 that night I got joint pain, back pain, headache and nausea (Never actually threw up though), and felt so cold. I still went to work, and suffered throughout my shift. It was horrible! I slept all day Saturday, and by evening symptoms weakened, I called out this time, and now Sunday i still feel tired and in a fog, but all other symptoms are gone.

They say that shows immune response and I know it's a good thing but it was so yucky. Several other co-workers complained of similar things, yet others said just tired and a sore arm. So who knows. As they say, everyone is different.

I just wanted to let you guys know to be prepared just in case you might experience what I did. Don't schedule it when you have to work next day or two if possible to be safe. Have ibuprofen or Tylenol on hand and rest. Good luck!

My Kevin & I get our first vaccine dose tomorrow afternoon!!! Thanks for the heads-up. I've had what I felt were Covid symptoms but I've been tested no less than 6 times---all negative. Kevin is supposed to work tomorrow night, but I'm guessing he probably won't go in. He's also very anxious when it comes to needles. He passed out once when our son was a baby and got a blood test.
    Our city & county slots kept filling up, so I went through the State of California site and was able to get appointments right away. Because we couldn't get an appointment locally in our city & county, we will be driving to Cal-Poly Pomona campus, about a 40 minute drive. It is so worth it!!! Unlike some of my friends that have had problems getting their 2nd dose appointment, I was able to make ours at the same time I made the first.
    I'm not anticipating too many bad symptoms. We take pretty good care of ourselves and are rarely sick.,
    Since losing my dear friend, Elvia a couple of weeks ago, I am determined to see it all come to an end.

Last edited by MarthaJo56; 02-05-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That’s what I heard from a flight attendant, she said she’s heard from a lot of people who felt ill after their second dose of Moderna.

I had my first shot of Pfizer Wednesday The lady giving the shot was really good, didn't feel a thing, needle or injection. I have a little redness and some itching at the site. Wed evening I seemed a little tired and a slight headache but it could have just been from being in line turning my head a lot. Slept good wed night Thursday about 10AM I got tired, not sleepy, but like I just ran out of gas. Was tired all day and Friday too.
    My 2nd shot is the end of the month, already scheduled. Some have said they had no side affects after the first but after the second, no matter which brand they got. Some have been tired, headache, body ache and even sore arm or shoulder but not lasting more than a day or two. They say you could even have flu like systems for a day.It doesn't seem to matter age or gender. Firefighters have had some of the worse and elderly haven't had any. So I guess it just depends on you.
    Overall most everybody has said they would take the side affects over th virus anyway. Standing in line at Disneyland everybody seemed to be in good spirts talking with others keeping distance and I saw one guy go get a wheelchair for an elderly women so she could sit down while waiting and those in line let him back to his spot not yelling like I seen in some places Only thing missing was some music to listen to.
    I was in a good mood, first song I heard after driving out of the garage was Funk 49, James Gang then later in the drive, Life of Illusion. While waiting to get out of the parking lot, Rocky Mt Way and almost home Confessor.

My mom got her 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. Yesterday she felt fine, today she has upper body muscle aches, tiredness, and feeling hot and flushed. She has a very mild fever that comes and goes. They say the more side effects you feel, the better it is working because that means your body is producing a strong response immune-wise to the shot.

Unfortunately I have some bad news - my grandpa (mom's dad) has COVID. He was supposed to go for the first dose of Pfizer on Monday when he started feeling bad. He got a test that day and got the call Tuesday morning. None of us have been around him, but this is the closest it has got to hitting close to home. He has a history of prostate cancer and a "saddle" pulmonary embolism (meaning a clot that went from one lung and branched over to the other in an upside down U shape). He has low oxygen saturation anyway. I'm really, really concerned and I'm just hoping for him to get well soon. We have told him that he needs to go to the hospital sooner rather than later if things take a turn. The doctors office said they cannot see him or do much, if he needs help it will be time to go to the hospital and get IVs and stuff to try to help him. So tomorrow will be day 7. He said his breathing isn't too bad but he's very weak and feels very run down and lightheaded. He said he mostly lies down to avoid feeling weak or dizzy. We're thankful that his chest isn't too congested and that his 02% is stable.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 02-07-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG Austin - I am so sorry that your grandfather has contracted COVID. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I am happy for all of you who have been able to get your vaccines. I still have not had any luck getting an appointment. I'll keep on trying this week.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Austin, so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I will keep him in my thoughts. Yes, it's very frightening when COVID hits close to home. And I am so glad KW posted about her experience with the second shot of vaccine. Sounds like your Mom had the same reaction.

Please take care, everyone. This is the first place I come every morning to check and see how everyone is doing.

Thank you.

He lives at home with a long-term live-in girlfriend who still works and unfortunately we think she was an asymptomatic carrier. He doesn't get out for COVID fears, but she works at a meat processing plant. I guess the bottom line is that someone had to bring it to him, as he doesn't get out and he's very serious about masks and distancing when he has to. She feels bad about it and is quarantining also. She didn't get tested because she lives with someone with known COVID they didn't want to test her because she wouldn't get out of quarantine anyway. If she came down with symptoms they would just treat her for COVID since it would be quite likely she has it too. So we won't know.

It's a shame just how close he came to getting the Pfizer vaccine when he got it.

He's still doing ok today, and hopefully getting out of that 7th/8th day range gets him out of the red zone so to speak. I'll be glad when he's 14 days out.

Mom feels fine today. She felt fine both the day of and the day after the first Moderna shot. The day of the 2nd Moderna shot she also felt just fine. But the day after the 2nd Moderna, is when the side effects appeared. But today she feels nothing. So one day out of 2 whole shots isn't that big of a deal if it means you don't end up getting COVID.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

So sorry to hear your grandfather has got it, Austin! I’m keeping him in my prayers.

I’m glad so many others are getting their vaccines. My parents got their second dose last week and suffered nothing worse than a sore arm.

I hope the rest of us are able to get sorted out sooner rather than later. My colleagues who are technically “obese” according to BMI and my colleagues who smoke have been able to sign up for vaccines now, but I am still too healthy, lol. Educators should be up soon.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I hope your grandfather is recovering, Austin. It must be scary for your family.

I've been talking with my brother in German and sister in Canada and they have both decided to be "chill" about the vaccine. My brother thinks his turn will come in May and my sister in August. Both are in their mid-sixties, healthy and able to maintain social distancing so they aren't too worried. I think my turn will come in early April as there are around 10 million people ahead of me but the stated aim is to vaccinate everyone over 50 by May. The UK government is reporting very high take-up of the vaccine in those age-groups offered it so far (93% of care home residents, 91% of those over 80, 95% of aged 75-79 and almost 75% of aged 70-74).

Of course, we're now all worrying about the South African strain and mutations in a local variant that may make vaccines less effective.

I have been reading about the problems with getting a vaccination appointment in the US and it sounds extremely frustrating.