Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

My mother finally got her second shot on Wednesday after it was cancelled last week because of severe weather.

Other than her having a sore arm, she's fine. She's lucky. I got the side effects while she didn't.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I got the J&J vaccine yesterday. I didn't have anything except a sore arm until about 10pm last night. Then the side effects started. It started with a headache, then muscle aches, chills, and a fever. It was terrible. I took Advil, which helped a little, and went to bed. This morning I woke up feeling fine, but my arm is still sore.

I've gotten my second dose (Pfizer). I had a sore arm like the first time, but no other ill effects except a pounding headache for a few hours the next day. I feel pretty lucky.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

So happy to hear so many people are getting the vaccine. Most of my family has been vaccinated, which is a huge relief.
    Shun - Glad to hear you are feeling better. UTW & GA, I hope you and your families can get the vaccine soon. UTW - BBQ at 32 degrees ! Only kids would do that. It is so nice to hear that families and friends can begin seeing each other again. Hope they have a great time !
    I received the Pfizer vaccine and had a sore arm after the first shot and was very tired after the second. Other than that no other symptoms. My sister and a couple of other family members were sick after the second Moderna shot. New Jersey will be opening up the vaccine to people 16 and over on April 19th. The Governor wants schools to be open and resume full time classes come September 2021. As of yesterday over one million people in the state have been totally vaccinated. There is a surge but it is in the 20 - 40 age group who are not practicing social distancing.The latest stats show 817,464 confirmed Covid cases and 24,649 confirmed Covid deaths since the first case was reported on March 4, 2020.

I'm glad you didn't have severe side effects, New Kid - I had a fever, headache, & muscle aches after the J&J vaccine. It only lasted a few hours, but it wasn't fun.

My office is starting to get vaccinated and my boss is hoping for a return to some form of normality in early summer. (Many of us are still splitting time between working from home and the office and masks are worn at all times except in your own office space). The problem is that one of my coworkers refuses to get the vaccine. I don't think she has a medical or religious reason. I don't know if my boss can require it, but it would be wonderful to be back in the office without fear. There is so much uncertainty over what you can do once you're fully vaccinated that I don't even know what a return to normal would look like.