Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Our schools are closed until April 14th.

We are up to 80 now and one death. 21 counties now and my county is now the second highest at 7. I think we're going to hit 100 in the next day or so.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thumbs down Re: Corona Virus

Longtimeeaglesfan: THE WORRY SONG!! YAASS! Love it! We need Joe for pres! ☺️

Seeing an uptick tonight at work...CT is closed now as well, for nonessentials....school is out indefinitely I gather?

Border Rebel

Our schools here in Indiana are closed until the beginning of May. It's looking like they probably won't reopen this year as schools around here end around Memorial Day.

Governor DeWine came close to locking down Ohio yesterday. He mentioned "businesses behaving badly" with a warning. Ohio also reported its first COVID19 death yesterday, and it hit close to home with those of us who have a hand in Ohio elections. The older man was a board member with the Licking County Board of Elections. Licking County is one of our newer clients, and a couple of the guys in the office were familiar with the gentleman. A second death is being investigated.

And, it's now hit very close to home for me, too... possibly. My bff works in a Banfield Vet Hospital just north of Cincy. A co-worker called in sick with flu symptoms. The woman went to the doctor and the doctor told her to quarantine herself with suspicions of COVID19. No test was ordered and (from what I understand) no test will be ordered. The head vet plans on going in today and she plans on self-quarantining for the next 14 days. If my friend doesn't work, she doesn't get paid. There is another co-worker who is also in the National Guard. They're hoping she can get tested. The vet is also trying to get Banfield to secure a test for the sick co-worker. It's all very up in the air right now with lots of uncertainty. My friend is going in today (she's filling the schedule for the sick co-worker) and will hopefully get more information today.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This is getting more and more frightening. The number of confirmed cases here in the U.S. is almost 5 times higher than it was just a week ago. Very scary - and, of course, we don't have any idea what the real number is because you can only get tested once you have symptoms. So, here we are just continuing to spread this throughout the country with no end in site instead of getting ahead of the curve. To me, that is inexplicable. I feel so frustrated and helpless.

The good news is I'm busy working from home, and am spending time outside each day to get some exercise. My dogs are loving me being at home. And while I am definitely practicing social distancing, I am communicating with family, friends, and neighbors even more than usual.

On the bright side, I do enjoy the humor in the thread to help keep things in perspective. I got a text yesterday that made me laugh so I thought I'd share. It said ...

"I'm done with the 90-day trial of 2020. How do I cancel?"

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Here in NJ they opened two testing sites - one in North Jersey(Bergen Co.) and one in Central Jersey(PNC Concert venue). The Bergen site ran out of testing kits after testing 600 people yesterday. We are on a semi-lock down and the Gov. will be doing a complete lock down probably tomorrow at the latest. As of yesterday there were 890 confirmed cases and 11 deaths. Schools are closed for the rest of the year and all graduations have cancelled. They went to on line classes about 10 days ago. Of course my tv had to bite the dust yesterday. Thank God I have one in my bedroom. I am going to try and get outside today as I am going stir crazy. Everyone please stay safe.

I echo Dreamer's sentiments...

I'm a home body/introvert, so I'm not going to feel too pent up, at least not yet. I do miss takeout from local restaurants the most! This frozen pizza instead of real pizza business is for the birds. Honestly shows you my priorities (food!). I'm not really missing out on any social interactions as I tend to keep those to a minimum. I typically only go out when it's time to go play guitar at a jam or gig somewhere.

We live on a big farmland out in Redneckville, USA so if I wanted to go outside and sit, I can do that as our neighbors live aways away from us. I can also ride the side by side. Problem is, with my bum leg I can't really do that. But if I hadn't had a dead foot, I would be able to ride around on the property and burn off any "cooped up-ness" off pretty quickly. I'm quite fortunate in that regard. I will just go sit outside instead.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I don't know if i said this, but the commissioner of our department finally let us off on Wednesday, but we are semi closed. We still have to work, but we only have to come in one time for the next 2 weeks. The offenders will be stopped on the first floor. We had no choice to stay open since we are an essential office.

I do have to go in on Tuesday to do the monthly report for our department and I'm good to March 31st. Its probably going to be extended.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The death count has now reached 300 in the United States per CNN. It's very scary and something I never thought I'd see happen in my lifetime.

It showed a massive unpreparedness on the part of the US government and a lack of responsibility of some out there. There's been pictures floating around of different beaches and the young kids were still doing spring break standing right next to one another. It's just sad. I'm normally about as "anti-boomer" as one gets, but that was just dumb on the part of the younger adults/teens and was not at all smart to do.

I'm just thankful it isn't Ebola virus/hemorrhagic fever. I dread to think of what the death count would be up to then as Ebola is even more untreatable and most don't survive it. It's something we need to be super careful about. But I never thought I'd see a pandemic with mandatory quarantine in my lifetime. I was wrong, obviously. I've actually watched movies that are a little too close to reality right now for my liking.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Our local movie theater put this on their showtimes board. I thought it was excellent!

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger