Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Christine McVie

Default RIP Christine McVie

Another one of my musical icons gone. Christine McVie, age 79. Goodnight, songbird.

Christine McVie, Dead at 79

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Christine McVie

This is so sad and unexpected. I admired her songwriting and musicianship as well as her sense of humor. She was an icon! I’m so glad she came out of retirement a few years ago and I was able to see her live with Fleetwood Mac as well as her project with Lindsey.

I am so sorry, Soda. I immediately thought of you when I heard. It was shocking to me, as I didn't know she was sick. Such a tremendous talent. RIP, Christine. Prayers for her friends, family, and fans.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I heard about it at work and just held it all in until I got home. Then I put this on and burst into tears:

I heard about it at work too and couldn't believe it, I had no idea she was ill. As I'm typing this I still can't wrap my mind around it. So sad. She wrote some of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs.

I heard about it at work. I had to go to work to pay for my registration for a conference I’m going to in January. My bosses were in each other’s office and they were listening to Fleetwood Mac. That‘s when they told me she died. I went on my phone to look it up and they were right.

RIP Christine. I’m glad she came out of retirement and returned to the group to tour with them one last time. And also doing her last album with Lindsey.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-01-2022 at 01:53 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

RIP Songbird.

I couldn't believe the news. Very sad.

This statement was posted on the official Eagles facebook and reposted by Don H:

"We are deeply saddened by the news of the passing of Christine McVie. Hers was a vibrant, soulful spirit, and her music was, and will remain, a gift to the world. We had the utmost admiration and respect for Christine. We send our heartfelt condolences to her family, her bandmates, and her legions of fans."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Julien's Auction House is selling off furniture, clothing, jewelry and other personal belongings of Christine, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood this weekend to benefit the MusiCares charity. https://www.julienslive.com/auctions/catalog/id/443

Lindsey’s statement:

Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley