Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Now I just want to express my opinion about something that kinda bothers me. As I stated in another post on the board how happy I was to find a board where everything didn't become political in some way. I don't want to say they are right or wrong just I'm getting tired of it. I mean it's getting old. I realize people are going to say it's their right as it is, people aren't going to agree on everything, which is true. But to me it just seems to make a post seem so angry.
That's it, I'm done... Let's make it about the music..
It's hard (actually impossible, but) to make a thread about millions dying of a pandemic "about the music", Scamp. This is a serious, life-changing topic that requires the right information getting out. I think not having this thread would be a mistake. I think every public platform needs to have this kind of up to date information and discussion and clearing the air about myths and conspiracies so that people need not die anymore because of this horrible disease. I think every forum should have a COVID thread. Every Facebook group. I think there should be more community task forces in public to discuss this and put out flyers and share the right information. Censor the misinformation and remove it from social media so that vulnerable minds aren't at risk. I'm all for shutting down those social accounts repeatedly and intentionally sharing deadly conspiracies!

I see your point. Trust me. A deadly disease the world hasn't seen the likes of before is the last thing that should have been politicized. Sadly it was by the last sitting president. Not my fault. It would have been the last thing I would have wanted politicized. But I will call him out for his terrible mismanagement of the virus and for brainwashing so many other Americans into thinking masks are weak, the virus isn't so bad, and for not coming out and speaking out against the vaccine disinformation that so many of his followers are pedaling. I don't care if he was a Democrat or Republican or Barney the purple dinosaur. I'm a Democrat who didn't like him for other reasons, but had he been a Democrat, I would have gladly voted for the other party to remove him from office! He has blood on his hands - plain and simple. The Bob Woodward tapes show exactly that he's guilty. Guess what, COVID doesn't care who you voted for or if you believe it or not. You are another host that can just succumb like anyone else. It doesn't care about freedom or silly selfish things like crying about lockdowns or masks or whether or not you believe the vaccine is harmful. Unless you have immunity, it will infect you and move to the next!

Make no mistake, I am angry about what is happening in this country with so many people showing such lack of regard for their fellow Americans in not doing the right thing because their Messiah told them so or encouraged it. Again. This is a big deal. I will speak out against this stuff as I see fit. Someone I know's husband just died of COVID. He had the chance to get the shot but his buddies who are all in this tragic mindset of following the last president into the abattoir turned down the shot because of fears of it changing the DNA. He then got COVID, spent 2 weeks in the ICU on a vent, and died. And now his widow is alone. She took the shot. Just because he was selfish and was badly misinformed by these people. This is the stuff that makes my blood boil. You'll notice I'm not talking about foreign policy or economy or anything like that. It IS COVID related.

There are thousands of threads on EOC about music especially Eagles music, I suggest if you don't want posts about things other than music that you avoid this single thread. As you can probably tell, COVID talk and upset doesn't escape this thread. Feel free to put me on your ignore list if it bothers you, or just avoid this thread. I understand. Again, I don't normally discuss this stuff (other than one thread pre-election in 2016). I post all over the forum and am happy to discuss music with you elsewhere. But make no mistake - I am angry and rightfully so and it concerns the hell out of me that some aren't as up in arms! Thankfully, most people posting here take it as seriously as I do and are just as worried about the future of my country and the virus that has claimed so many. I'm seeing the same misinformation in real life and on social media day after day and it wears on me. I also have other life events that are weighing on me. Clapton's statements made me see stars last night. It was the last push I needed to say something and mean it. Perhaps I was over the top. But I'm going to own those comments and beliefs and not back down on them. If it bothered you I am sorry to have not worded it better. But I'm not sorry for believing what I believe or feeling that there are a lot of selfish people in America who when tasked for "loving thy brother", they fall short in a very big way. That hurts and enrages me. I am disabled. I have health conditions. I shouldn't have to stay home just because some people don't want to wear masks or take the shot. You realize just how cruel some people are and how vast that group of people is. But you know what? I still have hope. And I want to believe in my heart of hearts others do.

I'm glad you did your part and got the vaccine. I thank you.