Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Corona Virus

So sorry to hear this, MJ. I will cross my fingers that they will be okay. And I know first-hand how you feel - I was really scared for a long time when my brother's family came down with it in the spring. And then I found out Friday that my oldest first cousin and his wife have tested positive. He is very high risk so I'm really concerned about him as well.

And now while our president is proclaiming that we have 'rounded the corner' on COVID, most medical experts agree that we could be in for a very bad time in the coming months. TBH - I don't have to flip a coin to know whose advice I'm going to follow on this one. Unfortunately, there are plenty of good people who believe the president over these experts no matter how many times he's proven wrong. So, it just leads to mass confusion and some of them don't feel the need to follow common sense rules to protect themselves and others. This is definitely a really sad moment for our country. As I said before, I pray every day for better times.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

So sorry to hear MJ and Dreamer ! Well wishes! In my prayers. All I can say is everyone be safe and don't slack. Wear the masks. That's most important. Kids have been in school for 2 days rest is online. Too soon to tell, but I dread the start of flu season.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

So sorry to hear that you have family members suffering from Covid Dreamer and MJ. I will keep them in my prayers and hope for the best. Our cases are starting to get high again now that we have started opening up. Schools have reopened and I'm back working fulltime in the building as opposed to posting lessons online.
    They want us however to keep our social contacts minimal. No more than 6 guests from no more than 2 homes and only to keep mixing with the same small group of people. This could continue until well into next year and these rules will apply over Christmas by the looks of things. Looks like gatherings of over 6 people will not return for a long time yet.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm so sorry to hear that, MJ.

I will keep them in my thoughts and please send well wishes their way. I hope they fully recover soon.

Dreamer - I absolutely agree with you.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Oh, MarthaJo... so sorry to hear about your son and his wife. I will keep them in my thoughts. And you, too, Dreamer...

I keep thinking how many lives would have been saved if the, er, person in the White House had worn a mask. That mask wearing is a political statement is ridiculous... but same said person seems to revel in it.

Stuck on the Border

MJ - I am so sorry to hear about your family members having the virus. I will keep them in the thoughts and hope they are beginning to feel better.
    Dreamer - Totally agree with you. It really upsets me that our President knew the danger of the virus and down right lied to the American people about it. Almost 200,000 people dead because he lied and down played the seriousness of the virus. It is sad to think how many lives could have been saved had he been honest from the beginning.
    People here in NJ are pretty compliant about wearing their masks. I rarely see someone without one. I think states such as those in the Northeast who suffered terrible losses in March and April are more compliant regarding masks because it was almost all that was in the news back then. Everyone was afraid they could be next. Plus, we had Governors who stepped up and gave everyone good, honest guidance.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 09-18-2020 at 06:22 PM.

To each of you who have Covid19 in your family, you have my best thoughts for wellness and peace. Prayers for you and for your loved ones.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I wish I could say that the virus is not as bad in Utah, as it is back in the motherland (California). Sadly, I cannot. Every time I go out I see so many people not wearing masks or wearing them just over their mouths, with their noses exposed. Here, because this is the capitol city, there are huge anti mask protests and college raves where no mask is in sight. It deeply saddens and frightens me to thing of how willfully ignorant some people are. All of my three roommates (ages 13, 38, and 69) have compromised immune systems and this virus would kill each so easily. My immune system is not great either and I tend to get sick fairly easily so I've pretty much lived in constant fear since March.

Prayers for all suffering from this terrible disease, and their loved ones who are so stressed. Blessings to Dreamer and MJ's families.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

New restrictions have been imposed in Dublin from Saturday last. No pubs, bars, restaurants open for dine in, cannot move out of the county, all sports cancelled or behind closed doors for the next 3 weeks.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP