Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Good luck groupie with your vaccine booster. To some extent, I agree that we are in a science experiment. However, I also believe that it is a very low risk experiment because there is a whole lot more that the experts know than what they don't know. Since they already have the basic template for developing virus vaccines, they just have to 'tweek' them to ensure maximum efficacy for each specific virus. Overall, I believe we are very safe and in very good hands.
    I agree, Dreamer.

I think all of the vaccines are very safe. A very small number will have some side effects like they would for any other vaccine in history. Without them we'd probably not be talking right now. But IMO the science shows they are very safe and very effective. And if you should have a breakthrough case, you can't end up in a hospital or pass away.

I think the mRNA vaccines are the way to go personally, in terms of raw efficacy, but even a J&J shot is so much better for you than none at all. Moderna has the most, Pfizer second, Johnson & Johnson third. I think mix and match is safe. I think in all likelihood it's probably smart. Especially if you had the J&J vaccine previously, get a mRNA shot.

I did just hear they are saying for immunocompromised people to perhaps get a full dose third shot first, and that leaves room to get a 4th dose, that they will call the booster, which is a half dose. So I may have made the right call by getting a third full dose of Moderna. I would go for the Moderna booster. Not because I don't think the others are safe, but it's more my OCD and completist nature. But for most people 2 full doses and 1 half dose is sufficient. I will likely wait about 4-6 months, and go get a half dose booster. I already got my flu shot for the year also.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

My 6 months since my last shot is in November. So I’m just waiting for when it opens up to others. Should be soon.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thanks Dreamer and Austin! I'm getting it the day after Thanksgiving (great planning isn't it, the appointments filled up so fast this was all they had any time soon). And it can't be soon enough- two of my coworkers are in quarantine right now for covid exposure.

I hope you get it soon, shun!

Stuck on the Border

My sister is in Canada and she and her husband had a first does of the Oxford/AstraZeneca (similar to J&J) and a second of either Biontech/Pfizer or Moderna. No problems. I'm pretty sure my brother in Germany also had AstraZeneca followed by Pfizer. Clearly there is plenty of reak world experience of mixing vaccines and also a number of trials. I'm booked for either Pfizer or Moderna at the end of this month (after two doses of AZ). That regime has been followed in the UK for the last 5-6 weeks.

And now the Omicron variant is coming.

Until everyone does the right thing and gets vaccinated in the world, more variants will continue to come. Herd immunity is so very important. Having just enough unvaccinated people passing it around means that virus can continue to replicate and change and we will be in this far longer I'm afraid.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I've had all my shots..Sound like I'm talking about my dog. LOL Even got my flu shot. They're telling people not to forget the flu shot. We really didn't have a flu season last year because everyone was staying home and wearing masks and sanitizing everything. There has already been a couple death from the flu in Los Angeles. My Dr said he's worried that with everyone staying home so much last year that some may not have the immunity they had before just by being out and around people. He said we could have a bad flu season if people don't get their flu shot and it would be really bad if flu season hits bad about the same time another variant of covid 19 hits too.
    I think soon we'll just get covid shots just like we do flu shots. Every year the flu shot has the last variants that came out and it seems every year another flu variant comes out. Sounds just like covid. I remember as a kid it seemed we would get the flu and before it was over it seemed another one came out
    All we can do is keep ourselves as safe as possible so we can get back to some live concerts..Music Music I want live Music!!!!
    Be safe everyone

I got a covid test done at work just the other day. It was because I was working the theater and had been stationed back at the employee/cast and crew entrance, so they had to make sure I wasn't sick with the virus. I told them I was vaccinated and they said they still had to do it. i was going to protest but then I remembered that they might be concerned about the variant, which is quickly making its way across the west. Since I'm not vaccinated against the variant yet, I let them do it. The actual swab itself wasn't terrible, however it must have aggravated my sinuses, because for the next five hours I was sneezing constantly and my right eye was watering like crazy, like it normally does when my allergies act up.

With the concerns about the variants and also the flu season this year, I hope everyone stays safe. Sadly, it seems like the corona virus is going to be around for a while.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Its great to see everyone being responsible and getting their booster shots in. The news on Omicron is that it will spread faster but the illness is milder than that caused by Delta.

I'm over 5 months since my second pfizer shot and the boosters will be available for my age groups from tomorrow. I'm hoping I can do walk in as it means I can go on a Friday and have the weekend if I get any side effects. I doubt it will be much as I was really just tired after my other shots.

My husband got the Astrazeneca and because he is emergency services he got his booster 2 weeks ago.

I really do feel for those countries that are only 5% vaccinated and after my booster I will donate to the WHO campaign to supply vaccine to the developing nations. The message here is as Austin said that this won't be over until the world is vaccinated.

Rumours that schools will close again after Christmas here. I sincerely HOPE NOT!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I got my booster shot last week. I made sure to get it that Monday so I would have Monday and Tuesday if I get sick. I end up not getting sick. Thank goodness. My arm was very sore for the whole week.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Got my booster yesterday!