Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Not that any of us want to get it, even if we do get better! I certainly don't. I've been having trouble breathing for the past few weeks (not covid type thing but something else). I think I might have developed adult onset asthma but I'm loath to go to doctor right now. It's gotten back enough that I will, though - this week, I think. At any rate, I figure I am "high risk" now.
    It is certainly worth getting it checked soon. You will feel a lot better once it is under control and you will probably be in a better state to fight any infections. I started to get asthma aged 40 and I'm almost evangelical about steroid inhalers. It's the difference between feeling slightly unwell all of the time and feeling normal.

LT - how scary! I'm praying for your niece. When you have time, please keep us updated.

Dreamer - so glad your family continues to improve.
    Thank you, Soda and everyone, for your kind comments and interest in my niece's Covid-19 battle.

Update: Only 8 days ago, she had for weeks been consistently going downhill, despite all efforts. We were so frightened for her. As you know, she was airlifted to the only available bed in a very large regional medical center's Covid ICU, where it was expected she was to be connected to the ECMO, which is a machine they use as one of the last-resort treatments for cardiopulmonary organ failure. Then, overnight, she miraculously turned a corner towards recovery, and, as a result, was not connected to the ECMO, after all! 🙏 We are being told that it is very unusually soon for a person who was in her sort of dire condition but yesterday she was removed from Covid ICU and placed on a regular Covid Unit floor in the hospital! Over this past week, she was even weaned from her heavy sedation and the ventilator! Yesterday, my brother and sister-in-law were able to talk with her by FaceTime and she was able to verbally respond to them. She is not yet "out of the woods," as she is still on oxygen and several other strong support medications, but it is the doctor's opinion that she has made unusual and tremendous progress to reach her current status. He seems amazed by her progress, as are we.
    We are feeling so hopeful today, when only a week ago, her situation looked so dire. We are now hoping and praying for the complete healing of her lungs.
    We have been blessed by the prayers and well wishes of more people than she will ever know, among them, my friends here on The Border, and we are grateful. Our thanks are extended to you all, as well as our best wishes for your continued good health.
    May I just add, as a precautionary statement, Covid-19 death statistics don't fully represent the number of horrid experiences associated with this insidious disease. In addition to the tragic fatalities, before this is over, an unfortunate percentage of our population will have lost limbs, experienced the after-effects of stroke and be compelled to adjust to permanent lung damage, as well as various other terrible, lingering symptoms of systemic organ failure. So please, be very cautious. Whatever our age, we all need to follow best practices and CDC protocols and take good care of our self and others. (Our hospitals are dangerously stressed.)
    Wash your hands.
    Wear a mask, for yourself and to protect others.
    "Socially distance" when you must go out.

Much love and appreciation,
    LT (for self and family)

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I heard Mr Trump on the radio this morning. He says the States is 'doin great' and that he is hoping the virus will just 'disappear'. I'd love to have his confidence!!
    (IMHO he should lock the entire USA down before the 4th of July if he wants this to happen.)
    I think Trump went from confidence to arrogance a long time ago, GA. Lol.

I'd rather someone be insecure than cocky if that's the 2 choices. Confidence is of course the perfect middle ground, but I'll take the far left extreme of insecurity over the far right extreme of arrogance any day.

The States are NOT doing great and I firmly agree with you on another shutdown.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    We have had to wear masks since appx March 21st. Most people are compliant but a few jerks still refuse to wear a mask. Listen to Dr. Fausci ! He speaks to truth.
    Amen, NKIT!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Not that any of us want to get it, even if we do get better! I certainly don't. I've been having trouble breathing for the past few weeks (not covid type thing but something else). I think I might have developed adult onset asthma but I'm loath to go to doctor right now. It's gotten back enough that I will, though - this week, I think. At any rate, I figure I am "high risk" now.
    Go to the doctor Soda! Please be well and better safe than sorry.

I also have asthma, and use an inhaler every day and take Singulair (pill) to reduce the histamine stuff that aggravates it and have Albuterol on hand.

Right now my allergies are really bad, and I'm using Pataday eye drops and Zyrtec pills every single day for the past week.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Thank you, Soda and everyone, for your kind comments and interest in my niece's Covid-19 battle.

Update: Only 8 days ago, she had for weeks been consistently going downhill, despite all efforts. We were so frightened for her. As you know, she was airlifted to the only available bed in a very large regional medical center's Covid ICU, where it was expected she was to be connected to the ECMO, which is a machine they use as one of the last-resort treatments for cardiopulmonary organ failure. Then, overnight, she miraculously turned a corner towards recovery, and, as a result, was not connected to the ECMO, after all! 🙏 We are being told that it is very unusually soon for a person who was in her sort of dire condition but yesterday she was removed from Covid ICU and placed on a regular Covid Unit floor in the hospital! Over this past week, she was even weaned from her heavy sedation and the ventilator! Yesterday, my brother and sister-in-law were able to talk with her by FaceTime and she was able to verbally respond to them. She is not yet "out of the woods," as she is still on oxygen and several other strong support medications, but it is the doctor's opinion that she has made unusual and tremendous progress to reach her current status. He seems amazed by her progress, as are we.
    We are feeling so hopeful today, when only a week ago, her situation looked so dire. We are now hoping and praying for the complete healing of her lungs.
    We have been blessed by the prayers and well wishes of more people than she will ever know, among them, my friends here on The Border, and we are grateful. Our thanks are extended to you all, as well as our best wishes for your continued good health.
    May I just add, as a precautionary statement, Covid-19 death statistics don't fully represent the number of horrid experiences associated with this insidious disease. In addition to the tragic fatalities, before this is over, an unfortunate percentage of our population will have lost limbs, experienced the after-effects of stroke and be compelled to adjust to permanent lung damage, as well as various other terrible, lingering symptoms of systemic organ failure. So please, be very cautious. Whatever our age, we all need to follow best practices and CDC protocols and take good care of our self and others. (Our hospitals are dangerously stressed.)
    Wash your hands.

LT (for self and family)
    I'm so glad she is showing signs of improvement! May she continue to get well soon and get out of the hospital.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Wash your hands.

LT (for self and family)
    Awesome, LuvTim! Thanks so much for the uplifting update! Such a powerful testament that there is always hope. Continuing prayers for her ongoing recovery.

I also appreciate your warnings for those who have become complacent. A seemingly healthy young man here, around Deacon's age, caught a terrible case of corona. It was discovered he had undiagnosed diabetes, lost both legs and suffered many other trials before succumbing to the disease. Truly tragic.
    We are all tired of restrictions, but must remain cautious for ourselves and others.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Wash your hands.

LT (for self and family)
    Wonderful news! Thank you for letting us know.

I'm doing my best to heed all these practices now that I'm home, and I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

LuvTim, so good to hear your niece is improving. It's shocking to see young people so ill and a timely reminder that we all need to take care, whether we're in a high risk group or not.