Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Well unfortunately my parents and I have all come down with COVID. We are all starting Paxlovid and will be watching to see if we need to go to the hospital.Hopefully the boosters do what they normally do and keep you from being very ill. I have no doubt if we didn't have them we'd be a lot sicker. So far it's like the flu. Worse than a cold but we aren't to the level of what it was back in the original and Delta days where you rolled the dice whether or not you'd need the hospital. Still, we made the group decision to do the Paxlovid and started it today. We all got sick on Monday and yesterday they called it in for us. You have to start it in the morning so we waited until today to start it. I'm hoping that with it being Omicron and having been 5x vaxxed I won't have any trouble long-term. It's definitely very scary but I also don't feel in danger yet.
    Well, Geez! I hate that y'all got Covid despite all the precautions.😟So glad you had your boosters. Don't know when I heard of anyone locally with it. Praying y'all recover quickly. Take care.❤

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm also sorry that you have Covid, Austin. Hope you and your parents continue to improve and recover soon. Please keep us posted.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I hope you are feeling better soon, Austin, but don't worry too much if it takes a week or two. You may read of people who get better in five days but most people I know have taken longer but have still fully recovered. One benefit of actually having Covid was that I became less scared.

Stuck on the Border

Oh no Austin ! I am so sorry t hear this. Wishing you and your parents a quick recovery. Take care.

Thanks everyone.

We all think Paxlovid is helping and we feel like we might be turning a corner today. I'm hoping we will continue to get better and can test negative before family Thanksgiving on Thursday.

Well we are all pretty much back to normal or close to it. I think the combination of having been 5x vaxed and the Paxlovid really helped to keep us from getting really sick with it. Paxlovid is a very good option and I'd recommend most people to take it. It's actually targeted to viruses unlike the other remedies pushed by some (Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin, Ivermectin, etc). It reminds me of when Remdesivir was being used in the hospital at the beginning of the pandemic. It's an actual antiviral also. Hence the "vir" at the end of the name of the ingredients in Paxlovid which is a 2 medicine drug all in one. The name of the medicines are Nirmatrelvir and Ritonavir, respectively. Anything that ends in vir is an antiviral med. I think also that if you do get it badly, the IV Regeneron cocktail and antibody treatment is a good one and scientifically proven like Paxlovid is.

Well the folks and I are recovered from COVID. We are all feeling pretty much back to normal and so far no long-COVID symptoms or effects. I hope it stays that way.

Here's the likely reason the new bivalent booster (which covers BA.5 Omicron) didn't work so well - there is a new variant called BQ and also XBB that was discovered. I'm sure that's what we had. Had it been one of the older strains I'm sure we wouldn't have got COVID.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/24/healt...hanksgiving-bq
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 12-02-2022 at 09:07 PM.