Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Yesterday was the first day my husband was eligible to get the vaccine. He went to sign up and, of course, "No appointments available." He called, sat on the phone for about an hour, but did make it on the back-up list and the cancellation list (if someone cancels, he gets called). The lady he was talking to asked if he could get to the doctor within 15 minutes of a phone call. He replied, "Sure, if you don't let the cops know I'm coming." So, we shall see how long it takes him to get his first dose.

I figure I've got a couple of months before I get mine.

Stuck on the Border

Austin I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I hope is beginning to feel better. You all are in my prayers.
    I have heard that the second dose of the vaccine is the one that gives the various side effects. I hope everyone who wants it can get the vaccine soon.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Austin I'm so sorry to hear that your grandad caught the Covid. I hope he can recover fully at home without having to go to hospital.

Soda, great that your parents are now fully vaccinated - I'm sure thats a relief to you all. But lol to the fact that smokers go ahead of you in the vaccine queue. If course I can see the logic but I'm sure you feel like your healthy responsible life choices now put you at a disadvantage!

I can't see us getting the vaccine until at least early summer. But luckily we don't have to book it or anything. The doctors office will inform everyone when it is their turn and I think will allocate us a time slot. I'm wondering as I tested positive in October whether I will or won't have side effects. I will hope to get mine either a Friday or during the holidays if I can.

Our schools are still online at the moment. We have a week off next week for midterm and I think they are hoping to get some classes back after that. Its ironic but I suppose justified that prisoners and people in direct provision will get it ahead of teachers but I a=can understand the viewpoint.

Hang in there everyone. Hopefully soon we will all be vaccinated and the world will start to recover
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

So sorry Walshfan, hoping the best for grandad. Good luck CA, my dad is getting his soon, my mom had her second dose and had some arm soreness and tiredness otherwise ok (Moderna).

My Dad is having a heck of a time getting an appt. my mom has tried repeatedly through the portal and various others to no avail. I think this age group has a much higher turnout/response making it more challenging.

Hubs and I got our first vaccine this week (Moderna). Lots of arm soreness but is much better this morning.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Covid-19 finally hit close to home for me. A childhood friend's grandmother passed away from it a few weeks ago. I'll be so glad when Georgia opens up the vaccine to the under 64 with health problems age group. I'm getting the vaccine as soon as I can.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Austin, I hope your grandad is doing well. I think of him every time I see this thread.

I'm quite excited about vaccinations at the moment. I have been moved back in the queue (studies have shown no increased risk of death from Covid for those with mild-to-moderate asthma) but the queue seems to be moving so quickly that my turn should come within the next few weeks. In my area, the data show that 99% of all those over 70 have now been vaccinated. The only downside is that most of these will be the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine that is probably less effective than the ones used in the US.

I wish there was better messaging on vaccines. I see stories of people refusing the AZ vaccine in Germany, France and Italy because they would rather wait for the Pfizer vaccine. Yes, if all other things were equal, I would prefer the vaccine promising higher efficacy but in a world where vaccines are in short supply, I'd rather take the effective vaccine that is available now - 70% beats 0% by a long way. Also, what's more important is the extent to which a vaccine protects against serious illness.

My mother and I are getting our vaccine a week apart. I'm getting mines this week and she gets hers next week.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

My husband has an appointment for his first vaccine shot! This Saturday at 11:15. I'm in the next age group opening up, but DeWine isn't announcing when that happens because they're still backed up with the 65+ people. (I'm not looking for it happening anytime soon.)

Austin, how is your grandfather doing?