Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

The hospital I work at is urban and starting to see a uptick in symptomatic people. Not a surprise but hoping for the best. At 10pm, when I was getting ready to go to work, I got text that school is out until Apr 22.

I hope everyone stays safe.

the spring breakers make me so mad! It’s going to cause a second tide!

I recently read some aren’t experiencing typical symptoms. Some are having digestive problems at first. Others are losing sense of smell and taste. That strikes me as odd.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Unlike New Jersey, Mississippi was one of the last hit, so we still had a lot of people doing "business as usual" right up until the case was announced in Tupelo on Thursday. There wasn't panic buying (good) and there were still a lot of people out and about, running errands and living life as usual (not so good). Churches only closed at the request of the governor. Now, however, more people are staying home out of their own free will. I haven't left the apartment complex since Wednesday afternoon after returning home from work, although I'm thinking of getting some take-out today. I want to support the restaurants, and that seems reasonably safe.

I had a student email me yesterday, wanting to meet on campus Monday to pick up some of her graded work. I'm unsure what to tell her.... does she think we are all still up there?

New Jersey is so much worse off - I heard about a family there who lost several members. So tragic. A forced lock down is pretty intense, but understandable. I hope you are staying safe!

Indeed, I hope all of the Borderers are staying safe. Whether it's living in high risk areas, being in high risk age groups, having underlying conditions, or just worrying about carrying it to others, we all know by now that we have reason to be concerned.
    Soda, tell her you can't meet her! Yes, that case of all those family members who have passed is so sad. They live in a town about 20 minutes south of me. That area is big for horse training and there are numerous beautiful horse farms. The first family member who died meet with someone who was a horse owner/trainer as part of his business. The man then went to a family gathering and, not knowing the horse trainer had infected him, spread it to other family members. The horse owner/trainer was the first person to die in NJ. Thus far the family has lost four people and three others are in the hospital, two in critical condition. They can not even have a funeral for them at this time. Such a heart breaking, sad story.
    Kind of going stir crazy in my apt. but this must be done t keep everyone safe.
    Border friends please stay safe !

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about this thing. I was only going by what people I know and trust said about it and they really did believe it wasn't so serious. Obviously, they were wrong.

I pray everyone here stays well and safe. I am working, but there are only a total of 4 people in my office and we have lots of room. We wipe down all commonly touched surfaces each morning and use hand sanitizer or wash our hands after handling money.

Hopefully the Dems and Reps can get this stimulus bill out to the people who need it and not try to add something else to it. I guess they are fighting over that. Good grief, this should be the only thing on it in this emergency.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

It came out that the WHO is likely to state soon that the US is the epicenter of COVID-19, if the numbers keep getting worse. Today was the deadliest day thus far.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...4fea5dc77cbe90
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about this thing. I was only going by what people I know and trust said about it and they really did believe it wasn't so serious. Obviously, they were wrong.

I pray everyone here stays well and safe. I am working, but there are only a total of 4 people in my office and we have lots of room. We wipe down all commonly touched surfaces each morning and use hand sanitizer or wash our hands after handling money.

Hopefully the Dems and Reps can get this stimulus bill out to the people who need it and not try to add something else to it. I guess they are fighting over that. Good grief, this should be the only thing on it in this emergency.
    Well I think you aren't the only one, but I do appreciate you coming forward and admitting it. It's a big problem now and I just hope we get a handle on it here PDQ.

And yes, I think it would be great to see something that benefits the people who need it, the workers themselves, and not just another corporate bailout.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Poor Jackson! well hopefully he will pull through in my prayers. 🙏🏻 I worry about our boys too!

back to work at break, big uptick in positives. We are now getting screened before entering hospital for work. We are supposed to have enough Masks and such for those in patient care areas; I feel bad for all the nurses and docs. At least I’m hidden in the lab.

governor says he doesn’t see kids going back to school until fall.

everyone stay safe. Stay well!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post

I saw this on FB this morning. Wishing Jackson a speedy recovery.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, sorry for Jackson.

It's getting very real for me now as last night we found out there were now 2 cases at our local hospital which is about 25 miles away from me. One was a resident at my Mom's nursing home. They have been closed to visitors for about two weeks. I hadn't been there to visit for about three weeks. I talked to my Mom Saturday and she sounded well and hadn't heard about this whole thing. I asked her if she ever watched the news! She thought she did!!! Obviously she just doesn't remember. She has short term memory loss, a form of dementia. Thankfully, she still remembers us.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Poor Jackson! well hopefully he will pull through in my prayers. 🙏🏻 I worry about our boys too!

back to work at break, big uptick in positives. We are now getting screened before entering hospital for work. We are supposed to have enough Masks and such for those in patient care areas; I feel bad for all the nurses and docs. At least I’m hidden in the lab.

governor says he doesn’t see kids going back to school until fall.

everyone stay safe. Stay well!
    My daughter,Savannah, works in a hospital as well. She does patient intake and is pregnant!! She wears a mask & gloves, but it still worried. As are we. Fortunately, she is young & healthy so we are
    The hard part is, we are in California and she's 3000 miles away from us in Vermont. Hopefully, we'll be able to fly out there in September. She is due September 13th.