Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Default Re: Corona Virus

Schools are out (just online schooling) in Ohio until April 30th. Things will be assessed again at a later time. No extension of the Ohio "Stay at Home" yet. That currently expires April 6th at 11:59pm.

CT is out until end of April too. We have the “stay at home, stay safe” quarantine in effect. It’s strange going to the store and they have blue x where to stand when in line to check out. Cashiers have plexiglass for protection. It’s funny seeing some of the items that are not affected by the quarantine shopping. For example, ramen is hard to come by unless you want the shrimp flavor....that one is fully stocked. I found that amusing.

work, is strange. Movie like. Temperature check ins, masks and places converted into isolation areas. People are on edge. Everyone is stressed they will get it or have it. So it’s a hot topic of conversation, and then come home and hubby is so stressed and worried and consumed with it as well. It’s all exhausting.

E learning is going well.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Our small school is out too and I find it strange that they aren't trying to have take home work or classes online. Most others in our area are doing that. They said it's because so many don't have internet, but really? Most have cell phones and they could do the take home packets for those that don't. Maybe the time will be forgiven, but hey, they can still do some of the learning at home. I just can't quite understand this. But, I don't have kids in school.

All non-essential businesses are closed. My office is still going, but there are only 4 people that work here and everyone needs water. We also have a glass wall between us and customers if they do come in. We are sanitizing everything possible or using had sanitizer when we handle money and keeping our distance.

I really miss my grandsons. Them and their mom walked over to my work yesterday to bring me a picture the oldest had made for me and it was all I could do to not grab him and hug him and his little brother. We kept out distance and talked for just a couple minutes, I nearly cried when they went on. The little one was in his stroller and held out his arms to me and doesn't get why I couldn't take him. Their mommy is our kindergarten teacher and also the oldest's teacher. He is still getting some lessons at home, much to his dismay! He likes to tell me that he watches videos all day because he knows I don't like it! I know better! Their daddy, our son, is a UPS driver and he says it's pretty much impossible to keep everything sanitized. Can you imagine their trucks and all the boxes they have to deliver every day? He thinks we will all have it before it's over. They are trying but.......

Our daughter's birthday is tomorrow and we usually go visit her or she comes home. She had to close her restaurant in December. It started out great but business dwindled down and she said she just couldn't make ends meet or keep good, reliable, trustworthy help. She was working at a winery that also has a restaurant but they had to close down because of this stuff. She is staying home and avoiding people. Hopefully the stimulus checks will come out soon to help these people who are unexpectedly out of work.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The mayor of my city will announced a stay at home order tomorrow at 3:00pm. This might finally help my county. We're at 90 cases right now with 100 cases could come tomorrow. A thousand cases will definitely come tomorrow since we're over 900 cases right now. Only 20 deaths at this moment.

Since I'm essential since agency one of those essential agency, I still have to go in even under the order, but luckily we are not seeing anybody. They would have to report via phone. We did a schedule for the whole month and I have to go in every Wednesday and Thursday for the whole month since I'm ok with.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Glad to hear all these updates. Nothing has changed for me, except that I really think I have never worked harder at my job in my life! Ironically, my "work hours" are longer now. I am about to go to bed now after reviewing some drafts. So much plagiarism. Just in one class alone, I looked at 20 drafts today and 5 of them had plagiarism. That's 1 out of 4. So freaking depressing.

I went to Walmart a couple days ago and it was pretty busy; nobody seemed to be making much effort to "social distance" and the people at the cash registers weren't even wearing gloves. However, the next county over has had a rash of cases and several deaths, so I don't know why people aren't taking it more seriously.

I promised a student I'd get a book for him, so I have to go back to campus and pick it up tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I have to admit, I've become rather nervous even doing that.

Shundra, Mississippi is getting a bed rep for how the governor is handling things! Looks like your mayor taking matters into his own hands should help.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Well, things are terrible here in NJ & NY. We have a "Stay At Home" order until April 30th. I have already been home under that order for 2 works(may be a little long.Not sure as the days just seem to run together). Thus far we have 18,696 know cases and 267 deaths. The next 2 to 3 weeks are supposed to be the worst. Only people with symptoms can be tested at the various testing sites here. There is no way to test people who may have had mild symptoms or no symptoms but are a carrier. I saw on the news the other day a company in Colo. is working on coming up with a test for this but it would be on a very small scale as they are not equipped at the present time to do mass testing. Thank God my family and friends a safe thus far. Everyone stay safe.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 04-01-2020 at 05:41 PM.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Finally! The Florida governer ordered a stay at home". My oldesrt son is a manager at Chili's in St. Augustine and eventhough they were just doing take-out, there was still way too many people going out. At least now I can feel like my son & grandson are relatively safe.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Like Soda, I too feel that I am working harder by day organising online classes and setting work. Without being able to teach 'live' I'm having to vet everthing I set online very carefully and am also trying to troubleshoot students problems too. So I feel like I'm never 'off', even though very few of my students are engaging (another problem). But I have settled into a routine of working most of the day, cooking from home, getting some housework done and going for a (permitted at social distance) 2km walk in the evenings. The pace of my life seems to have slowed a bit, I'm nervous going shopping and I sanitise any goods when I get them home.
    I have both a trumpet and a flute and I would like to try to learn to play one of them at least a bit while we are in quarantine. It would be nice to have something specific to have achieved during this.
    School officially closes for the Easter holidays on Friday this week so I'm not sure what (if anything) I will be expected to do over the break. (Brooke maybe with it so close to Easter is why the school didn't set work?)
    They are expecting the peak of the corona virus surge over the Easter weekend. So far about 3000 cases (But initial models suggested we would have 15,000 by now so something is working) with 85 deaths, the majority the elderly and immunocompromised.
    I'm just going to stay as coccooned as possible in my pwn home and area and pray that when there is an update on Easter Sunday they will be able to start relaxing at least some of the restrictions.

Please everyone, stay safe, we will beat this!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glad to hear all these updates. Nothing has changed for me, except that I really think I have never worked harder at my job in my life! Ironically, my "work hours" are longer now. I am about to go to bed now after reviewing some drafts. So much plagiarism. Just in one class alone, I looked at 20 drafts today and 5 of them had plagiarism. That's 1 out of 4. So freaking depressing.

I went to Walmart a couple days ago and it was pretty busy; nobody seemed to be making much effort to "social distance" and the people at the cash registers weren't even wearing gloves. However, the next county over has had a rash of cases and several deaths, so I don't know why people aren't taking it more seriously.

I promised a student I'd get a book for him, so I have to go back to campus and pick it up tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I have to admit, I've become rather nervous even doing that.

Shundra, Mississippi is getting a bed rep for how the governor is handling things! Looks like your mayor taking matters into his own hands should help.
    The governor finally announced a stay at home order for our state this afternoon. Finally!! His go into effect on Friday at 5:00pm until April 20th. My mayor’s order goes into effect Friday at midnight.

Since I’m an essential worker, I still have to go in. I have to go in twice a week until the end of the month. That could change again for next month if our cases don’t get better. So the other 3 days I’m staying home. My mother is also an essential worker. She only will stay home on Thursdays.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Our governor (IL) just extended the stay-at-home order until April 30th.

I think it's starting to become obvious this will be an exclamation point in history for all the wrong reasons...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."