Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    MarthaJo56, that sounds like it was a scary situation! I'm glad everything turned out ok. The side effects are the main concern I have about the vaccine, other than the gauge of the needle.

Here in Utah, Gov. Cox said on the news that he has ordered a gigantic order of the Pfizer vaccine and plans to have every resident of Utah vaccinated by next year. I hope so, I mean I know this isn't a wonder cure. However, with the whole state vaccinated, that will slow the spread. Amazon is intensely watching its employees and there is a mask mandate inside, and a temperature/health check point at the main entrance and a covid test area almost right next to that. I am apart of the janitorial/housekeeping staff and its my job to sanitize a small break room and the two adjacent restrooms. And I am a germaphobe with OCD, so I'm pretty sure my area is the cleanest spot in the entire building.
    Don't worry, Elle. The needle is tiny , so you will barely feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Don't worry, Elle. The needle is tiny , so you will barely feel it.
    I hope so. What's funny is that I can handle getting blood drawn and that needle gauge is bigger, but any type of hypodermic needle gives me panic attacks.

Ya the needle is so tiny I didn’t even feel it. Sorry MJ that Kevin had such a horrible go. I am glad we are possibly heading to normal too...but read online that Texas is planning on allowing full capacity concerts and lifting mask requirements?!? Is this true. Seems all too soon to me. I am anxious for normalcy but Leary and cautious!

https://loudwire.com/texas-will-allo...-mask-mandate/

Stuck on the Border

In theory, I'm not bothered about needles but it seems that every news item shows a needle going into someone's arm and I'm starting to wince!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    In theory, I'm not bothered about needles but it seems that every news item shows a needle going into someone's arm and I'm starting to wince!
    I'm with you there! I have to look away. And there are SO MANY ads showing that needle.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I am very excited. After nearly 2 months after registering, I got an email last night so I could schedule my appointment. I will get my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Saturday afternoon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Congratulations, Dreamer!
    I can't wait till it's my turn!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks LT. I went for my first dose yesterday afternoon. It was a very smooth process and I was very excited to be there. Once the vaccine was administered, they asked that you return to your car and wait for 20 - 30 minutes to make sure you didn't have any severe reactions. Paramedics were stationed throughout the parking lot to respond to anyone who may need help. Other than a sore arm, I haven't had any reactions. My appointment for the second dose was automatically scheduled for exactly three weeks - same place, same time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks LT. I went for my first dose yesterday afternoon. It was a very smooth process and I was very excited to be there. Once the vaccine was administered, they asked that you return to your car and wait for 20 - 30 minutes to make sure you didn't have any severe reactions. Paramedics were stationed throughout the parking lot to respond to anyone who may need help. Other than a sore arm, I haven't had any reactions. My appointment for the second dose was automatically scheduled for exactly three weeks - same place, same time.
    Dreamer - So happy to hear you were finally able to get the vaccine. A relief for sure ! I go for my second shot on the 18th. My gf (who booked the apt for me) got her second Pfizer shot last Tuesday and felt terrible for three days. My sister and BIL both got their second merd. dose last week and were sick for 2 -3 days. Despite the side effects, it is a small price to pay and I will be very relieved when I get that second shot.
    It is hard to be believe but tomorrow will mark one year when our Governor put a voluntary "Stay at Home " order in effect. The mand. order took effect a week later. It seems like centuries ago....

Governor DeWine opened up eligibility for the vaccine to those 50+ years old starting Thursday. So glad I was able to schedule my first COVID shot for Thursday, because appointments will fill up even more quickly now. I was given the choice of either the 2-shot or 1-shot vaccine. I opted for the 2-shot, but I have a feeling we'll be lining up for a booster next year. Hubby goes for his second shot on the 20th.